Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Paris, Texas? :p

A Guy

·
Registered
993 Posts
When I'm driving it I figure people are either saying look at that cool car or look at that old guy driving that car :unsure:
I get that look sometimes at a light. Young guy’s probably thinking “what a waste of a beautiful machine on that old guy”. Then he takes off like a bat outta hell. I’ll give him a coupla car lengths, then introduce him to my taillights. Easily. #kicktheirasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT8 Core, Plum Crazy Purple, 6spd, A few ad-ons and programmer, Demon Replica Whee
31 Posts
I speak and read
Tu habite au TX et tu parles Francais?
Yes. I speak and read a little French. Grew up speaking French (Not much at writing French), English and Spanish. Still speak French at home with my mom. My parents and one sister are from France. Family are immigrants. Came over in 1950. I myself was born in Queens, NY.
Also worked many years as a Captain on Gulf Trawlers and many friends where French Cajuns from Louisiana....;)

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
67 Posts
I speak and read

Yes. I speak and read a little French. Grew up speaking French (Not much at writing French), English and Spanish. Still speak French at home with my mom. My parents and one sister are from France. Family are immigrants. Came over in 1950. I myself was born in Queens, NY.
Also worked many years as a Captain on Gulf Trawlers and many friends where French Cajuns from Louisiana....;)

That is great!... I have a hard time understanding the Louisiana French which is actually Patois.

I was born in France, yet 100% Armenian. You know, we are all over the World!!! Grand Parents living in Cairo, Kampala [Uganda]. Fortunate to have hitchhiked [safely those days!] to those countries quite a few times in the early 60's.

Been here now half of my Life! Settled in New Mexico after a 14 year stunt with my Dog "Spirit" camping full time on a motorcycle and sidecar! I have also lived on sailboats for too many years!
Nice you speak French at home. Wish I did! I have no Family left. Zilch. All gone... Kind of strange throughout the Holidays! Not even Children, brothers or sisters... Luckily a few good Friends.
Stay well...

PS" from Minis... Lancias... Alfa Romeos... to this loving car!!! I don't know yet what it is? I just love this car... I am 74. Never too late for a happy childhood!

·
Registered
2014 SRT8 Core, Plum Crazy Purple, 6spd, A few ad-ons and programmer, Demon Replica Whee
31 Posts
That is great!... I have a hard time understanding the Louisiana French which is actually Patois.

I was born in France, yet 100% Armenian. You know, we are all over the World!!! Grand Parents living in Cairo, Kampala [Uganda]. Fortunate to have hitchhiked [safely those days!] to those countries quite a few times in the early 60's.

Been here now half of my Life! Settled in New Mexico after a 14 year stunt with my Dog "Spirit" camping full time on a motorcycle and sidecar! I have also lived on sailboats for too many years!
Nice you speak French at home. Wish I did! I have no Family left. Zilch. All gone... Kind of strange throughout the Holidays! Not even Children, brothers or sisters... Luckily a few good Friends.
Stay well...

PS" from Minis... Lancias... Alfa Romeos... to this loving car!!! I don't know yet what it is? I just love this car... I am 74. Never too late for a happy childhood!

View attachment 989466
My 1st car was a 1960 Mini Cooper. Just gave up my last bike, a BMW K1200LT. Looking at others and still dreaming for another. Remember You are never to old to be a Juvenile, I say.........;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get that look sometimes at a light. Young guy’s probably thinking “what a waste of a beautiful machine on that old guy”. Then he takes off like a bat outta hell. I’ll give him a coupla car lengths, then introduce him to my taillights. Easily. #kicktheirasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happened to me tooooo. So I had some Large custom Decals made for my tool Box to commemorate the fun experience I had. He he he........ :p

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
66, I have a new 19 Scatpack in white knuckle.
And why not?... Brand new 19 Scat Pack Shaker! I was not looking into buying another car but stumbled on this one about a month ago. Was a special custom order, a nice "feel good" 6 speed manual... the 18 speakers HK is a bit much!... "Never too late for a Happy Childhood"...

I was going through the Border Patrol inspection the other day, window down, he looked at me, raised his arms [nice guy!] and goes "what in the Hell are doing with this car?"... As I replied "You know about mid Life crisis... right? This is my "End of Life Crisis"... He laugh!

trigger657 My 1st car was a 1960 Mini Cooper. Just gave up my last bike, a BMW K1200LT. Looking at others and still dreaming for another. Remember You are never to old to be a Juvenile, I say.........

Good times!!! The LT was always too big for me as I love going off road. Having said that however, I did have the K1200RS! 2000. What a machine that was! And one too many Ducatis... I have accepted the present at 74, it would be much worse I must say. I can still and do workout every day!

Driveway.jpg

"You are making my nose look too long!..."

·
Registered
31 Posts
And why not?... Brand new 19 Scat Pack Shaker! I was not looking into buying another car but stumbled on this one about a month ago. Was a special custom order, a nice "feel good" 6 speed manual... the 18 speakers HK is a bit much!... "Never too late for a Happy Childhood"...

I was going through the Border Patrol inspection the other day, window down, he looked at me, raised his arms [nice guy!] and goes "what in the Hell are doing with this car?"... As I replied "You know about mid Life crisis... right? This is my "End of Life Crisis"... He laugh!

trigger657 My 1st car was a 1960 Mini Cooper. Just gave up my last bike, a BMW K1200LT. Looking at others and still dreaming for another. Remember You are never to old to be a Juvenile, I say.........

Good times!!! The LT was always too big for me as I love going off road. Having said that however, I did have the K1200RS! 2000. What a machine that was! And one too many Ducatis... I have accepted the present at 74, it would be much worse I must say. I can still and do workout every day!

View attachment 989907

"You are making my nose look too long!..."
Coming thru the BP Checkpoint down here, all they asked me was if the car was fast....

Was on my way back from SpaceX by the Border..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Coming thru the BP Checkpoint down here, all they asked me was if the car was fast....
Was on my way back from SpaceX by the Border..
So you must be by Truth of Consequences? I am in Alamogordo! We have great Mountain roads, luckily many paved ones since my spine does not allow me to get off road anymore!!!

I don't recognize that road however. Of course, I have been here only three years... and not moving again! This is it and loving it here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is Boca Chica Rd and will take you all the way to Boca Chica Beach. It is about a mile down from the Space X Center we have down here. Once you're on the Beach, you can make a right and you will come up on the Mouth of the Rio Grande River. Border line to Mexico.
Here i'm facing North which would eventually take you to the Jetties opposite South Padre Island, Tx

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is Boca Chica Rd and will take you all the way to Boca Chica Beach. It is about a mile down from the Space X Center we have down here. Once you're on the Beach, you can make a right and you will come up on the Mouth of the Rio Grande River. Border line to Mexico.
Here i'm facing North which would eventually take you to the Jetties opposite South Padre Island, Tx
Oh! I was thinking about the Space X we have here! [New Mexico]. You are way on the other side. Wish we had a Beach around here! I would go right now and sit there... Love the Ocean. I can smell it from here!!! Lived on a Sailboat [Mediterranean/West Coast and Florida] for 26 years... Never boring!

These are the roads here. Mountains starting a mile from home. We ourselves are at 4400'. The road at the peaks are at 9400', Still plenty of snow.

MAP.jpg

1241 - 1258 of 1258 Posts