Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What is Your Favorite Wax Brand?

• Meguiars

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Adam's

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Griot

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Turtle Wax

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Armor All

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barrett Jackson

• Mothers

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Car Guys

• Chemical Guys

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • TriNova

• 3D Poxy

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Torque Detail

• F11

• Produxa

• 3M Protect-It

• Collinite No 85

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The Last Coat

Votes: 2 3.6%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
861 Posts
I have been using Maguires Hybrid ceramic spray wax and Collinide paste wax.
Almost bought some Mothers recently but didnt. I have plenty to go from the ones i listed before i need more.
If you look up best waxes you get different results from different sites and im sure they are all good and do the job.

Reactions: Grumpy59

·
Registered
188 Posts
By far my favorite that’s not on this list is 3D Poxy. That stuff is awesome. It can make any color pop. Choosing strictly from the list, Meguiar’s Ultimate liquid. I’ve used it for years, still do for my customers. Only slight down side is that it can be a pain to buff off if you let it sit for too long but a quick detail spray eliminates that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It may have changed but I always thought of Meguiar's as the fast food of detailing supplies. Inexpensive and not of great quality or performance. I've tired many brands over the years but I've been completely loyal to everything Adam's produces since 2013. I love their Americana wax after a good claying with their bar and detail spray. To keep it lasting and looking great I use their H2O Guard and Gloss to a just washed wet car. Keeps the car looking/feeling clean and buttery smooth.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,277 Posts
"Liquid Glass."

Not made anymore (Thank you Kalifornia) but I have several cans left.

Been using this for decades on several cars. Easy on, easy off, and leaves a beautiful shine.

Not sure what I'll go with when I finally run out, but that'll be in a few years!

Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Blue Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,360 Posts
Adam's for 16 years now, will stick with it.............

WILL never use ANY of these:

1. Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax
2. Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Wax
3. Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax
4. Chemical Guys Butter Wet
5. Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wash & Wax

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
166 Posts
Another vote...well for none of the above! I also use Collinite, No.845 liquid wax. Been using it for 17 years, and its kept my cars well protected. When it came to sell them, the new owners were impressed by the paint and wanted to know about the wax. Its durability and look is legendary. I have been researching the new stuff and SiO2 chemicals but I am old school and like to wax, and Collinite is easy to put on/off anyway. This time around I tried the Jescar/Menzerna sealant plus Collinite topper combo, so far so good. I have perused the aisles at the latest car care shops and the choices and support accessories are very overwhelming, I like to take care of my car but not get like 30 different chemicals.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's G18211 Ultimate Paste Wax for several years and it's always done well. It seems that the boutique waxes cost more and do the very same thing.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,028 Posts
I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Paste wax on the Scat Pack since it was new, very satisficed with it. Will be trying Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Was for years and it does a great job. I use to be a big Mother's fan but once I tried the Meguiar's I never looked back. I also have and tried the new Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax but I like the Ultimate wax better. For correction, I love the Meguiars D300 correction compound. It's easy to use and does a great job.

Daily driver, 5 years, 82k miles and the paint still looks new (except for some small rock chips).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Paste wax on the Scat Pack since it was new, very satisficed with it. Will be trying Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic in the next couple of weeks.
You’ll love it! I tested it out on my car for future clients for the mid-tier protection. My main complaint is the insane cure times. You have to wait full 24 hours to layer it to get their 1 year claim with an additional 24 hour cure. For a detailer it doesn’t really work especially since it’s not a true coating. For weekend warriors and enthusiasts it’s fine.

I recommend you check out their new Graphene line. No cure time and the protection level is up to par with Seal n Shine.

Here’s my car with TW Hybrid protection. It produces some great gloss and protection. It’s on month 4, still holding strong.
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,028 Posts
You’ll love it! I tested it out on my car for future clients for the mid-tier protection. My main complaint is the insane cure times. You have to wait full 24 hours to layer it to get their 1 year claim with an additional 24 hour cure. For a detailer it doesn’t really work especially since it’s not a true coating. For weekend warriors and enthusiasts it’s fine.

View attachment 1008908
My Scat Pack is not a DD so spends a lot of time in the garage especially this time of year. 24 cure then recoat is no problem but I can see where it would be for a detailer. I have been doing clay bar and Meguiars wax every 6 months , if I have to do the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic at the same frequency I'm ok with that. The car is 4.5 years old and is just starting to show a few swirl marks but you need to look hard to find them. Think I may buff it this time.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

I recommend you check out their new Graphene line. No cure time and the protection level is up to par with Seal n Shine.

Here’s my car with TW Hybrid protection. It produces some great gloss and protection. It’s on month 4, still holding strong.
View attachment 1008908 View attachment 1008908
I'm also excited to use the new Graphene Max wax from Turtle Was. I plan to buy a bottle to try after winter... Actually it was the Turtle Wax ICE product that introduced me to the polymer world.

·
Registered
295 Posts
COLLINITE wax is hard to find locally in my area so I order it online ALONG WITH a gallon of P&S BEAD MAKER for a very affordable super slick deep shine that lasts. :cool:
COLLINITE is an "old company" that only makes only wax/polish...... NO wheel cleaner, tire cleaner, etc.

BTW! I first heard of COLLINITE 45+ years ago when I used their products to polish high voltage power line insulators on 26.4 KV sub stations......... Polished all the ceramic insulators by hand.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts