• Hellcat Widebody/Hellcat Redeye with twin scoops

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really like the 15-18 Hellcat hood with the extractors. Makes the Challenger look modern and its functional.

Runner up for me is the SRT 392 hood. IMO, I'm not a fan of the dual inlets; looks like a middle finger going the length of the hood LMAO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SRT hood looks badass. The classic R/T hood is great too. Not a fan of the hood that has the hole in it with the tea pot sticking thru

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
I kinda like the hood in Compton,CA the best,oh u mean on a car. :) Gotta say the shaker.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like them all, that's saying something as usually one is clearly the winner of the others.

I added this one. But also plan to get the shaker setup at some point and the (is it called ) a tunnel ram?

Super easy to put on, so I can easily change the looks of the car.

Right now, we just put this on and had it painted satin black.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am a huge fan of the legacy classic power bulge with twin scoops. You guys would hate me because if I had gotten a Hellcat, I would have rolled back the hood. Again, just my opinion. I really dig the legacy look.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I have seen a new? version of the one called BUTTERY FLY HOOD?
The 2 side flaps open when you rev the engine

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have seen a new? version of the one called BUTTERY FLY HOOD?
The 2 side flaps open when you rev the engine
Where did you see this? The only vacuum-operated butterfly air scoops that I ever saw on a Challenger were on the 2006 Concept (see attached photo).

By the way, the twin air scoops on the Challenger only serve to help cool the engine. Tests have shown that they drop the engine bay temperature by 15 degrees F.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Straight up, the Demon hood!

But probably because I have been watching one run 6.5's and 10.2's at PIR.

That car is BAD ASS!!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
In the hood

Where did you see this? The only vacuum-operated butterfly air scoops that I ever saw on a Challenger were on the 2006 Concept (see attached photo).

By the way, the twin air scoops on the Challenger only serve to help cool the engine. Tests have shown that they drop the engine bay temperature by 15 degrees F.
Try to UTUBE Dodge Butter Fly Hood

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,900 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Custom Hood

Try to UTUBE Dodge Butter Fly Hood
The hood that you saw on YouTube was a custom one on a Saleen Challenger. As I previously stated, there were no factory butterfly hoods, except on the 2006 Concept.

That being said, it would be cool if Dodge would copy Saleen's side scoop design.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts