Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to think of how to word this correctly...

Two identically equipped cars can be very different from each other based on a lot of variables, right? Batch of parts used, how it was assembled, shear luck of the draw, etc. I'm guessing that almost all of the differences would be so minor as to not be noticed, with maybe the exception of gas mileage.

Looking at my car, it was rated as 250 HP. Considering all of the 2010 SE's that were made, what do you guys think the range of HP that was produced? I mean, is the variance really tiny (like 248-252) or somewhat wider (245-255)? And, would this variance strictly be for the engine HP or do some cars lose more or less horsepower as it gets to the wheels?

No specific reason for asking, I've always been curious about this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always heard that the expected range of factory horsepower variance for individual engines to be up to -/+ 7-10 percent from rated SAE Net Horsepower.

So your suggested horsepower range would be very possible and likely.

But the way a new engine is broken in may have as much effect as normal and expected factory individual differences.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts