Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been visiting dealers to buy challenger GT or SXT. I emailed almost 50 dealers to get the quote. Almost all the dealers are charging cover charges or addendum charges on top of MSRP. Forget about getting a dealer discount. $3000 to $5000 more than the sticker price. Take it or leave it!
I managed to order GT from Austin ( 800 miles from where I live):
Sticker price $43405 (Fully loaded)
FFP: $41507
Dealer discount: $707
Rebate: $1500
OTD: $42172
3 to 4 months of waiting to get the delivery. In my opinion and research so far I think this is the best deal ever. Flying to Austin to drive it back. :( This is the 2021 car buying experience.
Please share your 2021 experience buying challenger.

(Note: Yes I know it is 'just a v6'. Could have bought GT for $32000 OTD but I added all packages and MSRP went to $43k)
20210716_164922.jpg

Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
Welcome from Kentucky! That seems to be what 2021 is all about, a sellers market, cars and real estate. Hard to say what next year will bring... Not sure where you live but a 800 mile road trip with a new car should be a blast. Congratulations on the new car 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Kentucky! That seems to be what 2021 is all about, a sellers market, cars and real estate. Hard to say what next year will bring... Not sure where you live but a 800 mile road trip with a new car should be a blast. Congratulations on the new car 馃憤
Thanks. Yes, it will be fun to drive back a new car. Correction: it is about 600 miles (Austin to El Paso). Thanks again :)

Registered
Wait why spend more drive what u got. When this price gouging over you will be able to buy thousands less. Unless you have a short period of time to live then ya do it !! If not after the 'new car feeling ' wheres off yur gonna be like oh crap what did I do

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought my new 2019 Scat Pack in January, 2020 for 37k otd.
Did you buy the 2019 scat pack in 2021?

Wait why spend more drive what u got. When this price gouging over you will be able to buy thousands less. Unless you have a short period of time to live then ya do it !! If not after the 'new car feeling ' wheres off yur gonna be like oh crap what did I do
Dealers don't go below FFP price much specifically when it is factory order. Then waiting for one year would not make much difference in price considering the fact that challenger 2022 will be costlier than 2021 for sure.

Congrats. Perfect "break in" trip home.

You'll enjoy it.
What is 'break in' lol

Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
Congrats on the purchase! I've done the fly/drive thing for 4-5 cars I've bought, including the last two Challengers. Once from Cleveland, and the last time from Augusta, GA. Nothing better than a long road trip in a great car!

Cheers!

JD

Registered
Youll love that Ruby Red Interior. I had it on my Black GT. Looked so sharp

Registered
That's what I'm thinking. You could get a low option scat pack for that. BTW, what is the $3099 addition for? I'm assuming negative trade equity?
Agree. Way too much. Granted this was in 2019 and no lack of current inventory, it can be done if you're patient. I even paid less than what was on this sheet, due to tax deductions and my trade in. ( pro rated taxes ) OTD was 42,300.

Registered
Agree. Way too much. Granted this was in 2019 and no lack of current inventory, it can be done if you're patient. I even paid less than what was on this sheet, due to tax deductions and my trade in. ( pro rated taxes ) OTD was 42,300.
To be fair, you can't compare 2019 market to 2021 market considering 2021 is a sellers market.

All the brand new 2021 SXT/GT's here in California are sitting at MSRP minus rebates. No up charge as there is no demand for the 3.6L here. I see select few that sit for months and are then dealer discounted $750 up to $1500...which are still sitting.

CG.jpg

Registered
To be fair, you can't compare 2019 market to 2021 market considering 2021 is a sellers market.

All the brand new 2021 SXT/GT's here in California are sitting at MSRP minus rebates. No up charge as there is no demand for the 3.6L here. I see select few that sit for months and are then dealer discounted $750 up to $1500...which are still sitting.

View attachment 1027170
I know that and stated that in my OP.

Premium Member
Unfortunately, in the current environment, this is probably considered a good deal.
Just glad I ordered last November before all of this craziness started.

Reactions: Klink

Registered
I was looking online at 2021 Corvettes & they all appeared to be marked up at least $5K. This one was crazy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts