Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
I paid 1k over sticker on my 21 scat wb 6 speed but I hard a hard time even finding a wb 6spd... plus I got $50,000 for my trade that I drove for 26 months and 40,000 miles and I only bought it for 51k. trade was gmc sierra 1500 6.2 denali ultimate

i should say the scat was priced 1k over but I got a 1500 rebate and 1000 bonus cash...

·
Registered
141 Posts
So I have been visiting dealers to buy challenger GT or SXT. I emailed almost 50 dealers to get the quote. Almost all the dealers are charging cover charges or addendum charges on top of MSRP. Forget about getting a dealer discount. $3000 to $5000 more than the sticker price. Take it or leave it!
I managed to order GT from Austin ( 800 miles from where I live):
Sticker price $43405 (Fully loaded)
FFP: $41507
Dealer discount: $707
Rebate: $1500
OTD: $42172
3 to 4 months of waiting to get the delivery. In my opinion and research so far I think this is the best deal ever. Flying to Austin to drive it back. :( This is the 2021 car buying experience.
Please share your 2021 experience buying challenger.

(Note: Yes I know it is 'just a v6'. Could have bought GT for $32000 OTD but I added all packages and MSRP went to $43k)i
I would.not pay over msrp. If everyone would.stop doing it the demand would.drop. had a challenger on order since dec. Bought a mustang gt premium for msrp. Im happy with this descion. Ford cares more. About canada than dodge does

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know, crazy. The local small town Dodge dealership had a low mileage C8 priced at 110k a week or two ago, but looks like somebody paid it because it is gone now. They have a more realistic (for me) 15 Z51 that looks kind of interesting, although I wish it wasn't black. They also have a sharp looking 18 SRT for 46.5k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow. The market is crazy. I was ready to buy, and got a good deal at the start of the covid dip last year…
OTD $31 k for a New GT, and that is Canadian dollars.
I have most options, but not the adaptive cruise/tech pack.
Sunroof, sport seats, heated and cooled, etc.

It’s a great car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
This is the market today, buy now or wait it out.

I wouldn’t pay over MSRP and this is not the market to buy in Canada. I want a SPWB but have patience and don’t care if I get a ‘22 or ‘23. I will pay my price. Thing is, if I don’t get one it’s ok. I’ve had one before and have other interests. Hard to find a good Dodge dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
171 Posts
I would.not pay over msrp. If everyone would.stop doing it the demand would.drop. had a challenger on order since dec. Bought a mustang gt premium for msrp. Im happy with this descion. Ford cares more. About canada than dodge does
I’m in that camp somewhat. Personally I’d never pay more than Employee/A/Z plan or Supplier- but one must look at the overall deal. If you are charging me 3k more for the car but I’m getting 3k more than my trade should be worth its wash/buy. retail to retail-wholesale to wholesale.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,982 Posts
I know, crazy. The local small town Dodge dealership had a low mileage C8 priced at 110k a week or two ago, but looks like somebody paid it because it is gone now. They have a more realistic (for me) 15 Z51 that looks kind of interesting, although I wish it wasn't black. They also have a sharp looking 18 SRT for 46.5k.
If you want to track a car to find out what happened note the VIN. Then google it. I have done this for a handful of cars I was interested in. In some cases the VIN "disappears" from the internet, except maybe in out of date for sale listings. This is a sign the car was sold.

Other times I have found the car to be at a dealer for a while then suddenly appear at another dealer. The 1st dealer put the car out for auction and it ended up at some more distant dealer. In some cases the car stays with the same brand of car dealer, but other times it does not.

I "tracked" my Hellcat this way. After a month or so it left the Dodge dealer where I traded it in and ended up at another Dodge dealer some 12 miles away. Then after some time -- at least weeks -- the car was at a Ford dealer.

Then some weeks later when I happened to think about it I googled the car's VIN and it was "gone". Just hits of a few out of date for sale listings on the 'net and a bunch of hits in VIN databases of companies offering CarFax like info on the car.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
According to this the $69,390 includes options & destination charge. The dealer appears to be adding in a money grab fee.
View attachment 1027185

Here's the window sticker.
View attachment 1027186

View attachment 1027187
So that looks like a $35k dealer adjustment/money grab. Wow.

Anyway, our car was $44.4k sticker, we paid $43.8 with supplier discount, $7500 down payment and 0% APR on the balance. Did not buy the $995 GAP insurance nor the $5250 extended warranty plan. I am the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
171 Posts
for a 2021 Scat in todays market, that's probably the best deal I've seen yet lol
It’s alright. It was supplier minus the 2k rebate offered when I ordered. What helped was a I got a tax break on $27,500 for my two trades. Here in Ohio you pay tax on the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I'm going to consider myself a really lucky guy then, look at the deal I got on my 2020 SP WB. I wasn't even looking, stumbled upon this deal for a car that was In Transit. I paid about $2000 more than the OP is paying for an SXT!

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
I'm going to consider myself a really lucky guy then, look at the deal I got on my 2020 SP WB. I wasn't even looking, stumbled upon this deal for a car that was In Transit. I paid about $2000 more than the OP is paying for an SXT!

View attachment 1027209
That;s a deal alright.
What color is that?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Reactions: Too Fast

·
Registered
98 Posts
2020 was a buyers market then. OP bought his recently in 2021 which is a sellers market now

you got a super sweet deal even in 2020 times cause the dealer practically matched the 2020 power dollars. nicely done!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts