Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
He got $9700 off. In November of 21' I got $8500 off my SPWB Shaker. I thought it was a decent deal at the time.
Now I think it was a GREAT deal!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am in the market to replace my 2012 SXT which I love, but it will need to go in the next few months. That said there is no way I’d ever pay $41k plus for an SXT/GT.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I've done the fly/drive thing for 4-5 cars I've bought, including the last two Challengers. Once from Cleveland, and the last time from Augusta, GA. Nothing better than a long road trip in a great car!

Cheers!

JD
Have done this a few times for a 1500 RAM and still saved a few $1,000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Am I reading this right, $45k after all taxes/fee/upcharge for a 2021 semi-loaded SXT? 😲
Fully loaded. But yes sir it is right. I bought GT by the way fully loaded at 42k OTD

I am in the market to replace my 2012 SXT which I love, but it will need to go in the next few months. That said there is no way I’d ever pay $41k plus for an SXT/GT.
with the added options (packages) you will end up paying more than 40k else you can still buy a base pack at 32k OTD

Thank you for your response guys. Finally, I ended up ordering the 2021 challenger GT plus with all the possible options added( fully loaded). The dealer gave me a $700 discount, $1500 rebates, and around $1800 FFP employee discount. In total, I got it for $42k after tax. I bought it from a dealer in Austin. Flying there from El Paso to get the delivery after 2-3 months of lead time (waiting). I think this is the best deal in Texas as of July 2021 auto pandemic. 😄 Emailing 40 to 50 dealers saved me thousands. Note that I am paying OTD which is lower than the MSRP.:love:

Note: I could have got base GT for $32k OTD I added 10k worth of packages. See attached. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. Could it be anymore better?
Screenshot_20210722-152905_Gmail_01.jpg

Wow. The market is crazy. I was ready to buy, and got a good deal at the start of the covid dip last year…
OTD $31 k for a New GT, and that is Canadian dollars.
I have most options, but not the adaptive cruise/tech pack.
Sunroof, sport seats, heated and cooled, etc.

It’s a great car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are right. Still today you can get the GT with normal features for 33k OTD. But if you add tech, performance pack (not available in Canada), convenience group, Mopar interior then price will jump to $40k plus for sure irrespective of 2019 or 2021 market

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I cannot speak to the GT but I got a fully loaded SPWB Shaker, OTD in March for 54K including taxes.
Sound like you did pretty good to me.
Nice POC.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
2020 was a buyers market then. OP bought his recently in 2021 which is a sellers market now

you got a super sweet deal even in 2020 times cause the dealer practically matched the 2020 power dollars. nicely done!
Funny thing is they tried to change the price between the time I left my house and got to the dealer. Luckily I had saved a screen shot and had it in an email with the sales guy. They sheepishly took the $1000 off again. What scammers.

A Dodge dealer in Bremerton WA had a nice 20 Charger Daytona 5.7 L in Sinnamon Stick. My wife was thinking about trading her 15 Charger SXT in for it. Same thing, $3750 Power Dollars plus a $4000 dealer discount. I called and asked about it, and was able to figure it has been in their inventory since August 2020. The NEXT DAY they dropped the Dealer discount. Then the Power Dollars expired. The car is still sitting there at full MSRP, languishing on the lot. You'd think they'd want to sell it!

Reactions: RedlineTA

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Funny thing is they tried to change the price between the time I left my house and got to the dealer. Luckily I had saved a screen shot and had it in an email with the sales guy. They sheepishly took the $1000 off again. What scammers.

A Dodge dealer in Bremerton WA had a nice 20 Charger Daytona 5.7 L in Sinnamon Stick. My wife was thinking about trading her 15 Charger SXT in for it. Same thing, $3750 Power Dollars plus a $4000 dealer discount. I called and asked about it, and was able to figure it has been in their inventory since August 2020. The NEXT DAY they dropped the Dealer discount. Then the Power Dollars expired. The car is still sitting there at full MSRP, languishing on the lot. You'd think they'd want to sell it!
My dealer tried to back out of the rebates a week after I ordered by saying they weren't sure my car qualified.
I told them cancel my order since that was not our agreement.
Next day I had it in writing.
Rebate.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
my 21 Challenger Scat pack in F8 should be in next week. Just waiting for it to be loaded onto the semi and transported the 4 hours here. I am trading in my 19 ram 1500 crew cab with 12,000milesfor 38k and i only paid 36k brand new. I got the nav control, red calipers, alpine audio with sub and driver convenience group for like 44k which i dont feel is bad at all and thats before my rebate and i think after my trade and everything im only financing 27k. Overall i got a pretty awesome deal considering everything out there on lots was like way over MSRP

41 - 48 of 48 Posts