Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine who lives 40 miles away is letting me use her garage to store the car for the winter and I thought I should leave her a couple of sitting tips for the car.(Although she won't be driving it) i.e. "Don't let her drink anything less then 91 octane fuel" or "Keep her covered at all times" etc.

What kind of do's and don'ts would you leave your sitter? (If you didn't have the option to store it close by).

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
how long will it be stored? might consider a battery tender. other than that just keep it covered and you should be fine

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Oh My; there's a lot of Possibilities !!

Oh my goodness; my cognition cells are scrambling !!! I mean, ok she's a friend !! That's good for starters ...but like does she have any kids or doggies and/or kitty-cats...that have access to garage ? You won't be leaving any sets of keys : right ? Or if you are,, I mean she's a careful, nurturing type; right ? I mean like yeah if/since you trust her...you're giving her permission to like sit in it and kinda-like daydream...playing some tunes ? If so, then when it's cold [or is this garage attached and heated] ...and thus if she has a jacket on ..she'll be careful not to scratch it with big zipper parts ?...... plus there won't be tools that could fall onto or on it .... I mean , now I'm kinda :scratchhead: of one of our Canadien Comrades , our " highberg" : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/step-ladder-fell-my-car-11688/..Well, as long as you can trust her... I mean ,now I'm thinkin' of our Deepwater : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/touchless-carwash-read-9631/ !!! Ok, I'll let some catch-up on some real, real good readin' !!!:(:thumbsup::bigthumb:

·
Banned
557 Posts
Hopefully she's just a friend. If she's more and you make her mad, well your car may not have a place to stay. Same can be said if you leave too many restrictions/rules.

Personally I would buy a cover, and put it on when you drop it off. Of course, she has to have a key in case it needs to be moved in an emergency. But I'd just ask she not drive it unless there is a special circumstance. And I'd make a point to drop by every so often and bring her (and you) takeout dinner. Give you a chance to chat, show your appreciation with a free meal....but really to check on your baby and start her up and let her run a few minutes to keep the battery charged.

·
Registered
585 Posts
put mice traps around the wheels if it's going to sit for an extended time. You don't want those critters crawling into your engine bay and chewing up all the wiring. Maybe even put steel wool in your exhaust, just don't forget to remove it next time u go to start it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
put mice traps around the wheels if it's going to sit for an extended time. You don't want those critters crawling into your engine bay and chewing up all the wiring. Maybe even put steel wool in your exhaust, just don't forget to remove it next time u go to start it!!!!!
Hey, these seem like real good ideas; like those !!! Plus, I like those stick'em traps and if she has the keys, you'll know if the Challenger was moved ___ if all "stick'ums are stuck to tires !!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my goodness; my cognition cells are scrambling !!! I mean, ok she's a friend !! That's good for starters ...but like does she have any kids or doggies and/or kitty-cats...that have access to garage ? You won't be leaving any sets of keys : right ? Or if you are,, I mean she's a careful, nurturing type; right ? I mean like yeah if/since you trust her...you're giving her permission to like sit in it and kinda-like daydream...playing some tunes ? If so, then when it's cold [or is this garage attached and heated] ...and thus if she has a jacket on ..she'll be careful not to scratch it with big zipper parts ?...... plus there won't be tools that could fall onto or on it .... I mean , now I'm kinda :scratchhead: of one of our Canadien Comrades , our " highberg" : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/step-ladder-fell-my-car-11688/..Well, as long as you can trust her... I mean ,now I'm thinkin' of our Deepwater : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/touchless-carwash-read-9631/ !!! Ok, I'll let some catch-up on some real, real good readin' !!!:(:thumbsup::bigthumb:
Uh oh, time to take a trip up there to take down the ladder :scared:

I would be careful. You might find the car sitting outside at your house.
Haha no chance she can't drive stick.

Hopefully she's just a friend. If she's more and you make her mad, well your car may not have a place to stay. Same can be said if you leave too many restrictions/rules.
Just a friend so no worries there.

I've put the steel wool in but I didn't think of the traps. I'll go get some glue traps at the store.

This post was more as a joke to get a fake to do list for someone baby sitting the car but it educated the hell out of me guys. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It would be a lot safer and less worry-some to rent a climate controlled storage unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts