Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have some good hagglers on here so I thought it might be an interesting discussion. What kind of freebies were you guys able to get out of the dealer? I'm assuming things like wheel locks, mud flaps, possibly car cover, and the occasional stereo for those that bought from the lot. Plus this will help me when making my own deal as soon as the car arrives. I don't have much play in the price so I'd like to walk out with something other than a badass freaking car.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Got Mopar CAI, Mopar front Strut Brace, Mopar Go-Wing, and the interior package that came on car FREE.......... How? Was $2000 Mopar Bucks when I bought the car in summer 2010, PLUS made a heck of a deal bout $8k off sticker, ahh da good ole days! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ummm yeah! That's a heck of a deal! Maybe I do have some room on the price. Right now at what price he quoted before I ordered it looks like I'm getting it for invoice, minus 2k on incentives (if still available) and what looks like 800 off of about 1100 in buy back. At least that's the number I came up and how i came up with my number compared to his. They do charge a 599 dealer fee which I laughed when he told me that. Ill never pay a dealer fee. Especially if its ordered. That's an expensive wash! Mines coming out to about 6k under msrp so 8k under makes me think I might be able to swing a little more. Or at least get that car cover thrown in anyway that I want.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I got to ogle the good looking gal that sold me Toxy does that count? :)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I got $7,000 off the sticker price, a ride from the Denver airport to the dealership 1.5 hrs away in NE Colorado, and first oil change free --which is nothing to sneeze at on a SRT.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Got a couple free oil changes, but not complaining after getting 14,000 off MSRP. Dealer took a loss on mine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Got DVD headrest players for my Charger.

Hemi hat for my SRT.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I got no freebies at all. But that is the price of getting one of the first 2009 cars in my area. :D

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Got Mopar CAI, Mopar front Strut Brace, Mopar Go-Wing, and the interior package that came on car FREE.......... How? Was $2000 Mopar Bucks when I bought the car in summer 2010, PLUS made a heck of a deal bout $8k off sticker, ahh da good ole days! :D
Yea, back in those days they were practically giving cars away. I got a similar deal on a Chevy back in '09.

Only freebie I got on my Challenger is jobber prices on parts for my car. I'm happy I did as well as I did getting $6,500 off sticker and 1.9% financing which I didn't need but I'll take all the money I can get when they're practically giving it away.

BEST IMPULSE BUY EVER! :roller:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know we have some good hagglers on here so I thought it might be an interesting discussion. What kind of freebies were you guys able to get out of the dealer? I'm assuming things like wheel locks, mud flaps, possibly car cover, and the occasional stereo for those that bought from the lot. Plus this will help me when making my own deal as soon as the car arrives. I don't have much play in the price so I'd like to walk out with something other than a badass freaking car.
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. Also Chrysler has sold cars since it's inception on what you can afford per month, lock in price before payments are discussed, this will piss off the salesman and manager every time you refuse to answer the question which they will keep asking in all kinds of different ways, they will ask what your current car payment is, don't tell them, they will ask to run a credit check, don't let them it will tell them what your payments are + they can use your credit score against you and raise the price on the car by telling you things like your credit card balances are to high etc.etc., don't tell them what you owe on your trade or how many payments are left, this will also give them answers.They will tell you they need to know all these answers in order to give you a price, that is bs. Everything I have just said has nothing to do with the price of what you will pay for the new car and once the price is settled on, it should never change. but once they know you are not playing the game according to their rules they will figure out somewhere else to screw you so you have to be well versed on all parts of the car buying transaction, remember these guys are there to screw you out of every dime they can and the nicer they are to you means the more their stealing from you. There is 2 Ford dealers owned by the same guy in the Chicago area that literally hires convicted con artists that are just getting out of jail to be car salesman, we also had a convicted cocaine kingpin as a finance manager for a large chevy dealership in a rich northern suburb that had access to everyones private financial info, I did hear that the dealer has sent him packing and he's selling hot dogs in a not so rich neighborhood on the east side of the chicago suburbs, you just never know who your dealing with so you need to be careful. Don't rush into anything until you are comfortable with what your signing.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. Also Chrysler has sold cars since it's inception on what you can afford per month, lock in price before payments are discussed, this will piss off the salesman and manager every time you refuse to answer the question which they will keep asking in all kinds of different ways, they will ask what your current car payment is, don't tell them, they will ask to run a credit check, don't let them it will tell them what your payments are + they can use your credit score against you and raise the price on the car by telling you things like your credit card balances are to high etc.etc., don't tell them what you owe on your trade or how many payments are left, this will also give them answers.They will tell you they need to know all these answers in order to give you a price, that is bs. Everything I have just said has nothing to do with the price of what you will pay for the new car and once the price is settled on, it should never change. but once they know you are not playing the game according to their rules they will figure out somewhere else to screw you so you have to be well versed on all parts of the car buying transaction, remember these guys are there to screw you out of every dime they can and the nicer they are to you means the more their stealing from you. There is 2 Ford dealers owned by the same guy in the Chicago area that literally hires convicted con artists that are just getting out of jail to be car salesman, we also had a convicted cocaine kingpin as a finance manager for a large chevy dealership in a rich northern suburb that had access to everyones private financial info, I did hear that the dealer has sent him packing and he's selling hot dogs in a not so rich neighborhood on the east side of the chicago suburbs, you just never know who your dealing with so you need to be careful. Don't rush into anything until you are comfortable with what your signing.

There's some great advice in there. Thanks. Never thought about the credit check thing. I hate dealing with car salesman but I'm looking forward to it this time. I'm armed and ready. I haven't bout a car in 10 years. I have a company vehicle so I didn't need one. I still don't "need" but just want one. Best time to buy us when you don't need it. Plus I got my financing already lined up. Basically it's a cash deal but I don't plan on telling them that. Ill let them think I may finance with them so they think they'll have that money coming. Plus ill drop hints about purchasing their extended warranties. I really am looking forward to "playing the game" this time. I already have excel sheets printed up with msrp, invoice, market value on every option along with taxes tag etc. comparable vehicles advertised on their site, competitors close by. A check list of things to look at, look for, inspect closely and so on. Everything! I'm ready!!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
Got a couple free oil changes, but not complaining after getting 14,000 off MSRP. Dealer took a loss on mine.
Remember the golden rule "whoever has the gold makes the rules".
I'm sure they still came out ahead on your deal.
The dealer NEVER let's the customer buy something for less than they bought it for especially a motor vehicle. It's not like a loss leader in a supermarket. In that scenario they give you with one hand and take back with both hands. It cost millions a year to operate a dealership and they are there to take your money, not lose theirs.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My husband's company has an agreement w/ Chrysler. We are supposed to get 1% BELOW dealer invoice on top of any incentives offered. With this, does the dealer have to show us the true invoice? And my dealership is the home of lifetime oil changes too. So far the perks seem good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went to several dealers to see what they had to offer, here are some of the offers I got:
- 12 months of free oil changes.
- replacement tyres after the first year.
- 12 months of free car washes.
- lifetime powertrain warranty.
Some dealers would match other offers too. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wanted to pay 35k for my RT challenger classic.. it was listed 44k (ridiculous... ) but every dealer in miami are abusive like that.. I came in and said look i want to buy that car that just came off the truck. he told me i got more.. i said not that one or nothing, for 35k. not a penny more.. he said msrp is 41 and the adjusted value is 44k they cant go lower.. i said.. fine im gone!.. they said look ill give you free mopar warranty bla bla bla.. i said i want nothing not even gap!! NOTHING .. to make long story short.. i wouldnt even give them my last name until i have an agreement on the price. once price was agreed i test drove it. and came back and bought it financed for 35,420. (yeah i didnt get the 35k but the 420 are for personalize plate and title tag etc..) always go at the end of the month to buy the car never at the beginning.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Never negotiate any price other than the Off The Lot price. Find a car you want, figure what discount you want, add tax, title, doc fees,etc and come up with a number. Tell them what you are willing to pay and if they say no, walk out the door but leave your email address.

They will be back in touch.

Best route to a dealer that will give the biggest discount is carsdirect.com. Pay the paltry fee and they will put you in touch with the closest fleet dealer and you can do the whole deal without ever setting foot in their domain.

Good luck!

·
Registered
535 Posts
12 free oil changes

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My dealer told me..." The check better not bounce and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts