Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 20 years of ownership and still not being finished I sold my 71 Barracuda project. I have decided to pursue a widebody Scatpack. My wife wants a crystal granite done up like Eleanor. I want a red interior. Unfortunately there are no red interiored crystal cars out there so I’d have to have it done myself. At any rate I have found a scat optioned the way i’d want minus the interior. The car lists for $51,200. Obviously the rebate is $4850 but the dealership only has $2500 discount. How much more would be reasonable to ask? I’ve seen some cars across the country at $9-10k off but I don’t know if those are anomalies. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
$10k off is what you should be shooting for from what I've seen. $9k should be pretty easy, I had to fight to get the last $1000 off to hit the 10k mark!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not apples to apples but for reference: I picked up my 19 Scat Pack Shaker last month. $55k MSRP and got a hair under 25% off sticker. Not as much on the hood for the WB scat but like the previous poster stated 8-10k off is a pretty reasonable expectation on your end. I have seen a DEMO WB scat that was $12k off but that's the best I've seen in my travels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car I found lists for 51720. Dealer listed for $44500. I offered $42500. Dealer said he is having sooo much interest he may have to up the price. He can keep it. I can see how many folks have viewed the car. He is lying.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Invoice - 4850 power bucks - 1000 USAA (or PenFed) - 500 work rebate. I'm very happy. There may be another rebate I can find before she arrives, and I'm hoping the rebate magic lets me combine USAA and Penfed (1000 each) but I doubt it will.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,603 Posts
Got AAA? A Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wrong on msrp it was actually $51720. Granite with Harmon stereo, red brakes, sunroof, auto. With a Chrysler employee number it was $43899. Dealer will install red katzkin interior with embroidered logos for $45000. The car just got off the truck last Thursday so it hasn’t been sitting too long.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,930 Posts
My dealer had mine priced at 10K off when I bought it new. He didn't even have it on the lot for a week before I got it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My widebody S/P was listed at $9,000 off on their website.
$56k down to $47k. Haggled another $560 down because it didn't have the Nav I wanted.
They are out there. This was Charlotte.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts