Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've owned my new Challenger for two weeks. In 6 years of owning my Camaro, I only received a handful of "Drive-By Revs". Now with this car, it's all the time. Sure I live in the Pacific Northwest, Southern Oregon to be exact, and there are LOTS of big Pick-Up Trucks on the road, but I am amazed that 95% of the "Drive By's" I've received are from guys in these [email protected]$$ raised Pick-Up Trucks.

Hell, I even got blown away at a stop sign by a soccer mom in a mini-van yesterday. Serious oil burnage from that skinny little tail pipe, but she was really moving. Can't wait to get my dash cam. LOL!

What about you guys?

·
Registered
202 Posts
First "real" car I've ever owned. The revs didn't happen a lot until recently but it's more from fellow challengers saying hi (I think). But just about every single stop light I hit the front of the line, I've got a joker next to me who thinks he's got a fast whatever it is they are in. Even had a moving truck give it a go once.

At first it pissed me off because I felt the need to show them that I indeed had a powerful engine under the fancy hood. Now I just laugh, mostly let them beat me off the line, kinda just depends on my mood, but I definitely don't feel like I need to win anymore.

Just yesterday I had a Lexus next to me. He made it very obvious that he was going to beat me off the line so that he would be in front once the two lanes merged to one. I let him get about 4 or 5 car lengths ahead of me and when I got to 40mph I just floored it and comfortably blew past him so that he wouldn't be able to beat me to the single lane. Only reason I did it was because I knew that he'd slow to a crawl if I let him lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Around here (NCWV)? Mostly rust bucket pieces of shit with white trash neck tattoo meth head drivers behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
You name it and I've had it rev' up. But mostly Mustangs. Had a older "big as a whale" bowtie playing around on the Interstate sometime back, I was in the left lane to pass as he had gotten down or below speed limit. When I would get beside him he would punch it...sad...real sad...kept doing that time after time, kinda' got old. He had a passenger also and they were laughing having a ball. I just kept my foot where it was, he kept on so I couldn't resist...I rolled back up beside him, lower the passenger side window and flipped my badge out...he may have shit his pants! It was fun! I think more fun and if I had left him in the dust.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Here in Delaware, it is almost always a four door, four cylinder import with a Borla exhaust. They always get disappointed when I don't respond.

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
I had a 1968 Camaro rev me 3 times on the way to a car show that we were both attending.

Another time, a cool guy in an SUV lowered his window at a red light and playfully said, "Do you want to race?" We both just laughed. :grin2:

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
70 Posts
It may just be because of the area I live/work in, but Infiniti G35/37s, and BMWs seem to want to fool around with me all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's this one guy around my town in what appears to be an SRT4 Neon. It must have straight pipes or something, because he revs at me every time he see's me; usually I don't even notice him until the exhaust gives off a few deafening pops. It's really irritating and obnoxious, to be honest.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Here it's every thing, with a loud exhaust, or a hole in the muffler,,lol new,or old , fart cans , to deasl pick ups .. I guess because in our area it's mostly older population that drive boring cars , so when they see a Sublime Challenger,,, I guess they just think they have to heard !!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
It happened to me once on the highway. I'm rolling along in the right lane at 65 mph (speed limit). A pickup truck with loud pipes pulls along side and repeatedly stabs the gas trying to provoke a race. I waved and continued with my cruise still set to 65 with my right foot comfortably off the pedal. He eventually sped up and disappeared into traffic. No way am I getting suckered into something like that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Those damn Smart cars! They already have a 1/2 car on me by size to start!

A Guy :)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol!!!! Damn Hollywood, where do you live?....Hell? :laugh2:
Really!

And kinda related; Today on one of the highways that run through town, I had another truck get me. This older (Late 60's or so) redneck looking guy in a 4 door, lifted pick-up, with who I assumed was his pre-teen grand daughter in the passenger seat, slowly pulls up beside my driver side (I had my window down) just far enough so he can lay on the gas pedal. I then realize that he has side pipes and I get a big whiff of diesel fumes. Didn't bug me too much until I seen him peek back to look at me with his front toothless (or teethless) grin. I can't wait to get my license plates from the state. I seriously think people also mess with you because they know its a new car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The only cars that ever do the "drive-by rev" to me are Mustangs. Happens all the time in my Scat and in my 68 ragtop Camaro. Without a doubt, only Mustang owners. I always smile and wave. I like Mustangs too, but...c'mon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What Kind Of Vehicles Give You The "Drive-By Rev" When They Pass You?

Mostly c5 corvettes and chargers. Sometimes a challenger. Can't drive 5 minutes without a Honda trying to race. I've had a lot of fast cars. This grabs the most attention... by far. I like mustangs too but they don't bother me much around here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
I'm sitting at a light and a kid comes up next to me in a Camaro and revs it, I lower my window and tell him if he wants to race me, sure but it must be a fair race so let me run home and get my daughters Altima. I think I bruised his snowflake ego.
I rev it a little and the light turns green and the
d0uche takes off like a maniac, I'm in the right lane putting along and he's in the left he's way ahead of me as I'm just under the speed limit and he realizes that the car in front of him was stopped to turn left. He stands on his brakes and takes a hard left across the other two oncoming lanes and across someone's front lawn. I just beeped and waved.
I WILL NOT RACE ANYONE on a public street, not fair to others on the road.
I don't care if another car is faster, every day above ground is a good day and I have nothing to prove.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For me here in SoCal it's just about everything.
Although I have to say the flagrant ones are guys in Mustangs and big 4x4 Pickups.

A few weekends ago I went out to the Corner Bakery(A popular restaurant here) and picked up breakfast.
Upon leaving and pulling out onto the main street I rolled up to an intersection (Imperial Hwy and Santa Ana Canyon Rd) and stopped in the left lane next to a silver Porsche Carrera.
This it at 8:20am in the morning, so there is no other traffic.
No revving from the guy and I wasn't really going to race him anyway, but when the light turns green he dumps the clutch and nails it across the intersection.
I just left normally, and he slows down and cruises along at about 40mph until I catch up with him.
As i get even with him he rev's his engine, so I hit the paddle shifter, drop it into 3rd, and give it some gas for a few seconds up to about 60, then drop it back to 45 (The actual speed limit).
He pulls up next to me with his window down, (I already had mine down) and yells over at me "Man!, your car sounds mean!!"
I give him a big thumbs up and yell back "Nice Porsche!".
He smiles and drops back and follows me until I turn off about a 1/2 mile later. :smile:

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Funny, I had a beat up V6 2008-2014 challenger trying to pass me on the right where a lane wasn't present, then sped off down the left lane .

I assume he revved, I didn't hear anything over my own engine at idle...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts