Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. im new here, havent been a member of a forum in years. anyway i want to put long tubes on my challenger 5.7, the prices are across the board and i really dont want to spend 1700 on american racing or kooks. ive heard BBK are decent and also head some good reviews on OBX headers. today i was chatting with a friend that is a fellow challenger owner and he said the maximizer long tubes on ebay fit great and seem to have excellent quality for chepaer headers. im just at a loss on what to get. i want them to fit good, with easy installaxtion that wont require modifying anything.

what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
hi all. im new here, havent been a member of a forum in years. anyway i want to put long tubes on my challenger 5.7, the prices are across the board and i really dont want to spend 1700 on american racing or kooks. ive heard BBK are decent and also head some good reviews on OBX headers. today i was chatting with a friend that is a fellow challenger owner and he said the maximizer long tubes on ebay fit great and seem to have excellent quality for chepaer headers. im just at a loss on what to get. i want them to fit good, with easy installaxtion that wont require modifying anything.

Do you care about the materials used? 304 is superior to 409. Bbk, JBA, and the cheaper brands all use 409 stainless, which isn't terrible but will rust on you pretty quick if that matters to you. 304 stainless is generally stronger and more corrosion resistant. Best budget 304 stainless headers I've found are the stainless power (made by stainless works). $950-1200 depending on cats or catless and comes with everything needed but use the SRT exhaust manifold gaskets

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know why some brands say they fit 09-20 5.7 and other brands such as American racing have a part number for 09-14 and another for 15-20. There is a real good deal locally on a set of American racing long tubes but they are the 09-14 model. Wonder why they wouldn’t fit my 2015.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
They should fit universally

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I don't see how it could. My stainless works is for all years. I see what u mean with 09-14 and 15+ in their site tho, weird. Maybe call them or a dealer of ARH tomorrow

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Also interesting that they have different headers for each engine. Stainless works fits 5.7 6.1 6.2 and 6.4. I'm gonna say they'll work but I'd call before buying

·
Registered
147 Posts
The engine mounts were changed to a different style, so some of the header manufacturers that made true equal length tubed headers had to reroute the tubes so they would not come in contact with the new style mounts.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
i want them to fit good, with easy installaxtion that wont require modifying anything.

That is what you pay for when you get KOOKS or ARH. Though no header install is "easy". For a good price check out stainless power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The engine mounts were changed to a different style, so some of the header manufacturers that made true equal length tubed headers had to reroute the tubes so they would not come in contact with the new style mounts.
Hmm. I called American racing today and The guy oktold me the headers themselves are the same and will fit my 2015. Hope so. I already bought them.

I looked up mopar part numbers on the motor mounts. They are exact same part for 2014 as they are for 2015

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, If I remember right 2014 is the year they changed engine mounts, in the forum I was reading. The guy in the forum had a 14 Challenger and bought a set of Kooks headers and they hit the engine mount on the drivers side. He called Kooks and they replaced them with a different part # header set. So I went into the Kooks sight and noticed that they rerouted the number 5&7 tubes on the new part # headers and also the 2015 cars with the A8 trans have fitment issues with the starter switching sides. Its all in how the company's routed there header tubes, some fit all years and some don't. HotRodDodge79 if American Racing told you they fit then that what I would go with. I have Flow Tech on mine and they look pretty close to the older Kooks and #5 tube is real close to the mount. I have a 2012 and my buddy has a 2016 and his engine mounts are a lot different then mine and both are m6 cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.