Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys and gals i wondering what other mods too do to my 392...... i got about $500 to spend. heres my mod list so far that i have. SX carbon fiber intake. SX catch can. Diablo trinity with custom tune. heartthrob exhaust with mopar quad tips. Mopar short shifter. Jet 180 Tstat...... im thinking of either eibach sportline lowering springs cuz i see there out now and no one has them . or the hurst shifter or maybe front and rear strut bars? i want them all lol but what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Scat pac bee

...badge. I will get them. Why not?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Strut bar and tint.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Don't know about the Eibach's as I have the MOPAR Stage ones, but I vote for springs. They enhance the stance and over all look and handling of the car.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hurst Short Throw Shifter, with throw rod mod.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hurst Short Throw Shifter, with throw rod mod.
I agree. Go with the shifter. It's my next mod. I missed third last night. I never miss third!:redcap:

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Don't know about the Eibach's as I have the MOPAR Stage ones, but I vote for springs. They enhance the stance and over all look and handling of the car.
Lowering springs! Biggest improvement for the buck IMO. Much better appearance and some handling improvement.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank u everyone for the inputs i have narrowed it down to 3 lowering springs, hurst shifter and i know its really not a mod but my 392 stripes put back on..... i really wanted the hurst shifter but hate the fact i pay 400+ for it and still gotta pay to change out the o rings with larry mod..... lame.... so i might go lowering springs or my 392 stripes cant decide yet..... so hard lol

·
Supporting Vendors
1,316 Posts
I would definitely go with the lowering springs, but make sure you buy camber bolts ($35) and get an alignment after you install the springs.

I have the Sportlines and it's a very noticeable drop vs. OEM. One of the lowest springs I'm aware of.

PM one of the many helpful vendors on this thread and they'll be able to give the most helpful information

Nick C.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would definitely go with the lowering springs, but make sure you buy camber bolts ($35) and get an alignment after you install the springs.

I have the Sportlines and it's a very noticeable drop vs. OEM. One of the lowest springs I'm aware of.

PM one of the many helpful vendors on this thread and they'll be able to give the most helpful information

Nick C.
u have the sportlines on a 392? if so you got any pics ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did springs and the strut bar, both of which greatly improved handling. I went with the Mopar springs as I didn't want to buy a bunch of extra parts to support lowing it beyond getting it back in spec. It's not slammed but low enough and I have no problem taking corners like a champ.

Check my profile for my thread on my lowered 392 if you are interested what it looks like with Mopar springs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did springs and the strut bar, both of which greatly improved handling. I went with the Mopar springs as I didn't want to buy a bunch of extra parts to support lowing it beyond getting it back in spec. It's not slammed but low enough and I have no problem taking corners like a champ.

Check my profile for my thread on my lowered 392 if you are interested what it looks like with Mopar springs.
yea i have seen the mopar springs and i dont think there low enough for me. i have seen the H&R's and there too low for what i want. i just got off the phone with eibach and they confirm that the sportlines are out for the 12' SRT and it would lower the front 1.3 in and rear 1.4 in and that would be prefect for what im looking for. But then again i think having my 392 stripes in flat black put on my car would be awesome too lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts