Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2010 Challenger SRT8 6spd. I have been lurking on this site for about a month now. I am ready to start with some mods but I want to only bolt on mods that will no void the warranty.

Hear is what I plan...which would cause warranty issues?

Solo cat-back (looking for aggressive sound with no drone any other suggestions)

Solo High flow cats (not sure if this will void...)

CAI (not sure which one yet)...suggestions?

catch can

180 Jet thermostat

Hurst Shifter

Predator tune

I really wanted to go supercharged but may have to wait until after warranty expires...although I'm shopping for extended warranties...

thanks
Allan

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
No single mod will "void the warranty." If something malfunctions on the car and it can be "attributed to" your mod, then it will not be covered under your warranty.

Just be sure to flash your Predator tune whenever you bring it to the dealership for maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
My dealership says the Solo catbacks are fine but it you mess with the cats and it throws codes that won't be covered. They also say my Mopar CAI is fine but if you use an oiled CAI and the trootle body causes a problem that won't be covered. DiabloSport says that as long as you put the factory tune in before takeing the car in the Predator will not void the warranty but alot of folks on here argue that point.

Let me rephrase something here. I don't own a dealership I'm talking about the one I bought my car from.

·
Registered
428 Posts
As to voiding the warranty, any damage caused by the mod will void that portion of the warranty. Whether directly or indirectly it doesn't matter, it the mod caused the damage then not covered. The dealership cannot void you warranty if the mod did not cause the damage. Example would be adding a catch can and the radio stops working. There is no correlations between the two so the radio would still be covered. Not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night so you are on your own :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts