Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 2394 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,561
Now I'm really confused, ha ha. So when I scroll through to the Fuel Efficiency screen I can see a 4cyl appearing in the middle of the screen. If I press the SRT button and goto the modes I can select ECO mode, which then puts a green leaf on my dash in the top right corner. This leaf however only ever appears when I've manually selected ECO mode (and never goes away whilst in ECO mode). The 4cyl appears when it kicks in, e.g. going down a slight incline.

Where's the economy selection? or are we just using different words for the same stuff.

Cheers
Your there, we just using different words.

I never use the leave but did try it one time. What I could tell is it just stays in MDS a bit longer and more often.

MDS kept Doge from having to charge a gas guzzler tax.

Bob

Reactions: keegs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gas guzzler tax! I wouldn't mind paying to have my A8 not go into MDS. I've heard that MDS has caused numerous problems in the past on both 5.7s and 6.4s. This is why I've been mostly "banging" manually but at times like when texting I'd like to have one free hand. J/K about texting. Maybe TaZar will give us an option to eliminate MDS ( Makes Dodge Suck )

Reactions: keegs

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563
Gas guzzler tax! I wouldn't mind paying to have my A8 not go into MDS. I've heard that MDS has caused numerous problems in the past on both 5.7s and 6.4s. This is why I've been mostly "banging" manually but at times like when texting I'd like to have one free hand. J/K about texting. Maybe TaZar will give us an option to eliminate MDS ( Makes Dodge Suck )

I have not seen or heard of any issues the MDS is causing!:notallthere:

Do tell:browsmiley:

Bob

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
There was a lot of speculation about the timing chain problem was caused by the mds turning off and on

·
Registered
813 Posts
I never use the leave (leaf) but did try it one time. What I could tell is it just stays in MDS a bit longer and more often.
I've used it a few times for long journeys to try and get some better economy. I'd consider using it daily except for that I can quickly paddle shift when I want, e.g. coming up to a set of lights.

What's petrol cost over there these days? Here it's around CHF1.50 a litre so CHF5.67 a US gallon (USD$5.94). Might give you a heart condition thinking about that cost :wink3:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just replaced my chrome gas port to the satin black hellcat gas port, looks awesome the chrome lid looked like a sore thumb on a black car.

·
Registered
813 Posts
For anyone wondering about sport mode and MDS 4 cylinder mode, here's a really quick video to confirm it.

http://youtu.be/Emg0EMZbxGE

Doesn't come on in track mode though as far as I can see.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally received my Challenger badge I ordered about 3months ago (Was delivered to wrong address). Took me awhile to get use to not having Dodge on back, so might take me awhile to get used to Challenger badge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Installed ZL1 add ons rock guards. I like them as they are not as noticeable as the factory ones. Coverage isn't that big. But better than nothing

1440276893420.jpg

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Installed ZL1 add ons rock guards. I like them as they are not as noticeable as the factory ones. Coverage isn't that big. But better than nothing

Great pic, and thanks for posting that. I loved my "DY" R/TC, but seeing the B5 next to it, I know that I'll enjoy my new one just as much.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,573
I've used it a few times for long journeys to try and get some better economy. I'd consider using it daily except for that I can quickly paddle shift when I want, e.g. coming up to a set of lights.

What's petrol cost over there these days? Here it's around CHF1.50 a litre so CHF5.67 a US gallon (USD$5.94). Might give you a heart condition thinking about that cost :wink3:

OMG!!! Our regular is dropping I just paid $1.99 for regular and the premium was $2.45.:surprise:

I remember my days in Germany and seeing those high fuel prices. Oh well at least I could get the best beer in the world. :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Reduced the dreaded Rear Deck Drip by approximately 75-80%.

Inserted 1/4" U channel EPDM above the inner tail lights (the part that rises with trunk lid). This is where all the water collects during washes that incessantly drips and dribbles out.

You have to insert it with open face up, and by laying flat over reveal, pressing first on the upper edge then bottom and then evenly along the middle of the strip to get it to seat evenly.

Using a foam cannon attached to a power washer I thoroughly blasted the entire trunk lid, all sides of spoiler, and every crevice on the rear.

Water only exited over the outer lights as (should have been) intended.

As you can see from the pictures, the various plastic pieces of the inner light assembly have many open seams. The EPDM seals them and channels any water to the outer edges.

Finally, I was able to wax my tail immediately after drying without having to stand there like a tool raising and lowering my trunk lid, trying to shake the water out. ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301231.106259.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301254.647715.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301266.496885.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301296.476688.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301309.091214.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1440301324.108851.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Dodge Challebger Scat Pack
21 Posts
Reduced the dreaded Rear Deck Drip by approximately 75-80%.

Inserted 1/4" U channel EPDM above the inner tail lights (the part that rises with trunk lid). This is where all the water collects during washes that incessantly drips and dribbles out.

You have to insert it with open face up, and by laying flat over reveal, pressing first on the upper edge then bottom and then evenly along the middle of the strip to get it to seat evenly.

Using a foam cannon attached to a power washer I thoroughly blasted the entire trunk lid, all sides of spoiler, and every crevice on the rear.

Water only exited over the outer lights as (should have been) intended.

As you can see from the pictures, the various plastic pieces of the inner light assembly have many open seams. The EPDM seals them and channels any water to the outer edges.

Finally, I was able to wax my tail immediately after drying without having to stand there like a tool raising and lowering my trunk lid, trying to shake the water out. View attachment 525138 View attachment 525146 View attachment 525154 View attachment 525162 View attachment 525170 View attachment 525178

Man you are a saint! I think this is THE worst thing about washing these! What's the height of the EPDM? Is it 9/16"? Thanks in advance for the help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Reactions: dillively and Bones

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been looking at that same issue and was planning to do the same thing, but using vacuum hose. Do you feel there's an advantage using the U-channel?

Also, I finally broke down and ordered a generic cargo net for the rear portion of my trunk. Auto Zoners has it for $20.00, but I found the same one at the Amazonian place for under $15.00. Next day delivery and now the few things that live in my trunk no longer roll around. It even came with the big plastic stick-on nuts to hold the end loops in place.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What Mods Have You Done To Your 2015 Model Only Please

IMHO there a lot of misinformation on this site. MDS definitely kicks in, in sport mode, when just in drive and in an environment when not much power is needed. Switch to paddles and it's off again. Even if you can't feel it, you can hear it.

You've never felt or heard it Bob?

Try going into the menus and verify that the engine and transmission are set to go in sport mode when the button is hit........just a thought. When in sport mode mds will not kick in on mine

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
I've been looking at that same issue and was planning to do the same thing, but using vacuum hose. Do you feel there's an advantage using the U-channel?

Also, I finally broke down and ordered a generic cargo net for the rear portion of my trunk. Auto Zoners has it for $20.00, but I found the same one at the Amazonian place for under $15.00. Next day delivery and now the few things that live in my trunk no longer roll around. It even came with the big plastic stick-on nuts to hold the end loops in place.
I'm sure the vacuum hose would work. I do believe there is an advantage to the U channel EPDM because it, well, has the ability to "channel" any water that gets past the front edge, and directs to the sides.

1561 - 1580 of 2394 Posts