Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I work best with early VH (Fair Warning...Diver Down...and some from 1984)...even though I was starting elementary school when the early albums came out. Something about "Where Have all the Good Times Gone".....a cold IPA and a 9/16 (sorry 14mm) puts me in Zen. :eusa_dance:

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,044 Posts
Anymore, I don't turn on any music when I'm scraping knuckles and rounding off bolts; I usually listen to whatever local baseball/football game I can find on the AM/FM dial. But if none can be found or it's the off season, I will listen to random parts of different comedy stand-up routines that I can get through a streaming app on my phone (Tune-In).

It's about the only decent audio streaming app available for my Windows Phone, and it's free (ad-supported though), so it does what I need it to pretty well.

I've probably got a about a dozen or so separate Comedy channels bookmarked in app , and once I get underway wrenching on my car, I just fire that app up and start rotating through those comedy stations, listening until they play someone I don't like (rare) or the commercials on the station get too redundant and predictable (often).

But truth be told, I'm usually only half listening anyway (I've found it's better to pay attention to what I'm working lest I end up redoing it later ;)), so there's a lot of material that plays but I never really hear. That helps keep them fresh for me and minimize the amount of stuff I hear more than once (or register that I heard more than once).

And then every once in a while I will hear someone I've never heard before that I really liked, and so I'll go find more of their stuff later after the work is done so I can buy it on CD/DVD, etc.

And believe it or not, I've actually been introduced to some pretty danged funny guys and gals over the years by doing this, so I like to think it's an approach to wrenching that has yielded something positive for me. :grin2:

·
Registered
453 Posts
For me it's either today's country on the radio or if it's my iPod, offspring,social distortion, greenday and anything that rocks.

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
If I'm concentrating on something I have nothing on and don't even want to have a conversation while doing it.
Last month I put a lift kit on my Jeep and if I'm doing something while laying under it, assembling something needing to be torqued etc and doing a half assed job is a safety issue, I personally rather do it alone and in silence.
Same reason that zero alcohol should be consumed while doing so but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I either listen to the local classic rock station or when I get sick of commercials and/or radio music I can plug in a flash drive and listen to "MY' favorites, my friends use spotify (sp) which is technology that I have yet to catch up to...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
931 Posts
I work on cars 10 hrs a day 5 days a week. Thank god for Pandora. I can shuffle a playlist mix and change it up weekly. Tool radio is my most played or " Go Too" station according to them.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts