Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some advice I where to go next as far as mods. Currently I have CAI: Airaid 353-210, Zoomers Exhaust, Moroso Catch Can, and Trinity Tuner. I am looking at doing the Eibach Anti Roll and Pro System Next for Suspension. Then I have wheels and tires picked out. But at that point is there anything else I can do? Other than A Super Charger? I am looking at the Big Brake Write up on here as something potential to do as well. Now I am not trying to build a race car but I do have a coworker who has been talking cramp about how his Convertible Camaro SS will smoke me, so I want to surprise him since I know he is staying stock. Any help would be great. Thank You

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
What are your goals, just to beat the Camaro or something else? You will get the biggest improvements out of the suspension mods (sway bars, strut braces and springs or coilovers). If its just speed you're looking for, it depends on how much you want to spend and how willing you are to crack open the engine. I think some additional info would help steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My main goal is to beat the Camaro. Other than that I don't plan on doing a lot of racing at all. But I will be taking her to the track with friends. Speed I guess would be the goal but it will be my daily driver here soon so I have to keep it street legal as well. Thanks for replying triz

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Long tubes and a custom tune. Around $2k but it makes a hell of a difference.

If you want to go cheaper, shorties with a custom tune or even the 6.4 take off manifolds with a custom tune. Im guessing around $5-600

Or... just a custom tune. $1-200

·
Registered
535 Posts
Custom tune will bring out more from the tuner

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of gains am I looking at with the log tubes vs shorties? Do you guys think I am anywhere near close? Mine is automatic his is manual convertible?? Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
What kind of gains am I looking at with the log tubes vs shorties? Do you guys think I am anywhere near close? Mine is automatic his is manual convertible?? Again thanks for the help.
Here's some dyno info on the longtubes: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/rt-before-after-arh-long-tubes-135953/

Maybe DTru can chime in too.

Obviously with longtubes you have to be conscious with emissions testing in your area, but they show the most gains. Short tubes are a nice upgrade for an RT as well, but won't net you anything near longtubes with a custom tune.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Like the others have stated, I would go with making your air flow better to start. Long tube headers and an SRT intake should get the job done. Then tune for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That might be a problem then. They do testing in my area so the emissions might not go through.... as far as being neck and neck with the Camaro, I am counting on the additional weight of the convertible plus he is at least 100lbs on me (every little bit helps lol) that I might be able to snag it. I don't know who is the better driver thou. He has probably 20 years experience more than me, and he isn't exactly a friend. He is the Supervisor from a different department who always is running his mouth about something. So for the guys underneath him it would be nice to do something to humble his loud mouth.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That might be a problem then. They do testing in my area so the emissions might not go through.... as far as being neck and neck with the Camaro, I am counting on the additional weight of the convertible plus he is at least 100lbs on me (every little bit helps lol) that I might be able to snag it. I don't know who is the better driver thou. He has probably 20 years experience more than me, and he isn't exactly a friend. He is the Supervisor from a different department who always is running his mouth about something. So for the guys underneath him it would be nice to do something to humble his loud mouth.
Dude...there's always going to be $hit talkers and magazine racers. Practice driving your car and then just challenge the guy at the strip. No sense in spending all the $$ on mods if its just to beat him (and like you say, I think you're more evenly matched mechanically than he realizes).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In all reality I just want it to be faster to be faster. I plan on taking off all the badges and letting people make their mind on what they think it is. But as my first real test I have called him out, and we are suppose to hit the raceway in the spring. So I guess I am just trying to make sure she is as ready as possible for her track debut. I have only had her since the end of August and she has been in storage since. So basically upgrading performance items I was going to do anyways, this just gives me an original purpose.

·
Registered
550 Posts
U will beat the Camaro as u sit...unless he's an unbelievable driver. The fact that he has to row gears and you don't is a tremendous advantage. If ur not running dr's feather the throttle at the line so u don't spin...I have yet to lose to a SS Camaro in my little r/t.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Alex R/T and Triz

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys, I have a better idea of where to head next. Not to mention I am feeling much more confident about beating this guy haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts