Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 SXT and I am thinking of trading my 20" wheels for 18". Just to get a bit softer ride and to be able to get all season tires. I know I can trade with another Challenger owner but I was curious what other Dodge models came with 18" wheels that would be a direct swap.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
You can get all-season tires in 20".

To answer your question though, the obvious alternatives are to look at wheels from a Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300 in 18".

I suspect your car has the STP option since it has 3 season tires. That means your car sits lower, and gives you a stiffer ride. I hope the 18's can soften that up for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. My SXT doesn't have the STP option. Just the blacktop package which upgrades wheels to 20". Unfortunately, I have switched from a full-size sedan so the Challenger rides a bit too stiff for me. I would also rather have more meat between the rim and the pavement (especially on our crappy NJ roads).

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Do you guys know if any of the 18" wheels came in black color?
To be honest, I've never seen 18" wheels in anything but aluminum finish. I have seen here where folks Plasti-Dip their wheels, but I have no experience in that area.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Don't think there's has been any factory black 18s either but I saw a Jazz Blue SXT with the stock 18s painted a gloss black and it looked good, thought it was a blacktop at first, he added a black spoiler too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,905 Posts

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Detroit Wheel does a lot of special finishes to OEM wheels, they also do a black chrome version of the Hellcat wheels that look incredible.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for recommendations guys. I am not sure how much would I be able to sell my 20" wheels for. I do not want to spend lots of money to downgrade the wheels. I was also considering steel wheels for the retro look but with the rims, center caps and TPM sensors, the price per wheel is climbing up quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts