Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently gotten yellow racing stripes painted on my challenger but everyone still tells me the car isn't complete and that I need better rims. What do you suggest??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'd just powdercoat those a darker color. Or you can usually pick up some 20 inch chrome clads pretty cheap off an R/T.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rims

What brand of rims would you recommend then? I'm just a teenager so if it's anything like as anti or forgoato I'd have to save a while

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
IMO the Challenger looks best with retro styled rims in 20" sizes.
I would suggest the Boss 338 or the American Racing Torque Thrust M.
A lot of members here have them, they have the proper offsets and look great on Challengers.
I almost put a set on my last Challenger but then just ended up with the SRT.

They both run about $1200 for a set plus new rubber, so figure in the low $2000 range.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
IMO the Challenger looks best with retro styled rims in 20" sizes.
I would suggest the Boss 338 or the American Racing Torque Thrust M.
A lot of members here have them, they have the proper offsets and look great on Challengers.
I almost put a set on my last Challenger but then just ended up with the SRT.

They both run about $1200 for a set plus new rubber, so figure in the low $2000 range.
This ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
If that was my ride, i would get some American Racing Torque Rims in glossy black and paint the back of the rim yellow. That way at a glance you see black rims and when on the road, peeps could see the yellow behind the wheels. While the rims are off, get them calipers painted yellow with caliper paint which can be purchased at your local pepboys or autozone store. But thats my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
318 Posts
If that was my ride, i would get some American Racing Torque Rims in glossy black and paint the back of the rim yellow. That way at a glance you see black rims and when on the road, peeps could see the yellow behind the wheels. While the rims are off, get them calipers painted yellow with caliper paint which can be purchased at your local pepboys or autozone store. But thats my opinion.

That's what I have and mine are painted glossy black too.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Another thing people do to match their paint or stripes is paint the calipers the same color. And one relatively cheap mod to keep your stock wheels while still looking stylish is to polish and paint them. I have the same rims (that I sought out, by the way, for their size and ease of maintenance on a daily driver) and people immediately feel the need to tell me I have to get something else. :rolleyes: So what I personally recommend is to listen to people less! It's your car and it's awesome as it is so mod it at your leisure and according to your own taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I hadn't maximized your pic and didn't notice, sorry! :spineyes: You could paint the inside of the wheels yellow, as someone suggested, then, but it might end up being a case of too much yellow. You could turn to interior accents to compensate.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Another thing people do to match their paint or stripes is paint the calipers the same color. And one relatively cheap mod to keep your stock wheels while still looking stylish is to polish and paint them. I have the same rims (that I sought out, by the way, for their size and ease of maintenance on a daily driver) and people immediately feel the need to tell me I have to get something else. :rolleyes: So what I personally recommend is to listen to people less! It's your car and it's awesome as it is so mod it at your leisure and according to your own taste.
Those look really good. Would look sharp on his black car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts