Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What would the Challenger community prefer and what would bring the most money?

• Option 1- Back to Stock SRT8 with Hellcat Reps (originals Alcoas long gone)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Option 2- Matte black stock hood and top of fascia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3- As is today, T/A tribute car with '70 style

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Option 4- No stripes- all Heni Orange

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, we have a low miles (4,500) '09 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange that we are looking to get the most money we can out of. We have many options but the leader so far is just get the car back to stock. *special thanks to any of the members I got these pictures from

Challenger SRT8 Hellcat Wheels.jpg
Challenger SRT8 Matte Hood.jpg
Challenger SRT8 T-A.JPG
Challenger SRT8 No Decals.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,994 Posts
FYI. According to Edmunds, a 2009 SRT, with 4,500 miles, is worth only $21,385 (dealer price). The car hasn't appreciated because over 500,000 Challengers have been built since 2008. That's why I am never selling my 2009 SRT.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well I can tell you I already sat with a dealer and can get more than that out of it. We looked at nationwide with few miles and they offered $23K-24k. Most low miles cars sold for $25K-$27K.

And I agree likely will not "appreciate" but less depreciation. lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
Depending on what you have done, part out aftermarket stuff and make money (or keep for the next car) and sell it stock.
That’s unless you can find someone else willing to pay more the way it sits. There’s always that one guy out there that appreciates what you put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hessm70

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I've traded a couple Challengers and outright sold a couple at the dealership. The first question out of their mouth is "are there any modifications". You will get more at a dealer if it is absolutely stock. If you are also considering a private sale, just take a lot of photos before you return it to stock, then you have the option of either offering the aftermarket parts to a private seller as additional incentive if he is likes those parts or selling the parts on CT or locally after the sale for additional money. If someone wants to modify a used car they have lots of others to choose from. They wouldn't care if it's specifically a 2009. You have a better chance since it's a 2009, of someone looking for a bone stock early Challenger.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for various reasons we will be taking the car back to stock sans the wheels (Hellcat replicas) and new Nitto NT555 GTs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Wheels and tires are the things that the "casual" buyer will be able to appreciate

A Guy

Reactions: hessm70
1 - 7 of 7 Posts