Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a 2014 R/T and a budget of about 500-600 dollars to spend. I was thinking a big mod like Barton Short Throw, or maybe a few smaller mods, like catch can, intake tube w/o silencer, orange fog lights (love retro look), ect. I want to make sure my first mod actually serves a purpose and is worth it. Any suggestions? Im in California btw.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I've always said the best bang for your buck is a tuner IMO.
Followed by a catch can, exhaust, shifter, and front and rear braces.
Sky's the limit. How fast you wanna go.
It also depends on your plans too. Performance vs cosmetic

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running into problems getting it shipped out to me. Is there any places in California where I can buy a tuner?

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Catch Can, Tuner, thermostat and CAI. I think speedlogix has a package deal. If not, call them....they will hook you up....

·
Registered
535 Posts
Do the tuner!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cai hands down that's the first thing I always do sounds awsome at wot

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
If you purchase a tuner and change the settings in the engines computer, you will void your powertrain warranty. The computer will maintain a marker, even if the #2 fuse is pulled or battery is disconnected to erase codes. Your dealer had figured a way to find this marker. I have been informed personally by the Chrysler Corp on this matter as I brought it up while talking to them last week about the Timing Chain issue in earlier models. Carefully go through all the threads in the forums to find mods that will not trash your warranty. Your choice!! Cold Air Intake is your best choice, many companies sell them, just make sure that if you live in California that it will have a CARB sticker. This holds true for more than just California, without that sticker, any smog test will be an automatic fail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my 2k14 Blacktop a couple weeks ago, my first mods were a skip shift eliminator, some black Gorilla Lug Nutz with a lock for each wheel, and a Zoomer catback exhaust (a little higher than you were hoping to spend tho). The Skipshift eliminator is a must, unless you are getting a tuner. I think a Diablo will switch that off for you too.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Your Dodge Dealer should have a California Legal CAI and K and N has one also. Remember as for the tuner, its your choice. Your warranty is for 5 years, 100,000 miles on your engine. If it breaks and they find its tuned, or was, your screwed. Again, that came from one of Chrysler's CEO's. Who would know better?

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I'd go with the shifter. Just think how many times you shift per ride. My opinion this mod would make the driving experience so much better. Let's say the Barton costs $400. That leaves $200 to do a catch can, fender mount, and a pair of yellow tint film for your fogs from Big Worm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your Dodge Dealer should have a California Legal CAI and K and N has one also. Remember as for the tuner, its your choice. Your warranty is for 5 years, 100,000 miles on your engine. If it breaks and they find its tuned, or was, your screwed. Again, that came from one of Chrysler's CEO's. Who would know better?

After seeing this, I am on the fence about the tuner. I paid for the lifetime extended warranty, and don't want to lose it. I think the tuner might be out :icon_cry:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts