Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Challenger and I have NO IDEA what I want to mod first. Spoiler? Dual exhaust? Possibly splash guards. What did you do first? It's completely stock so it has nothing and needs everything. I need help!!!

·
Banned
557 Posts
One of my first "mods" is always tint. It won't make you go any faster, but it looks great and provides awesome functionality from the bright sun and even brighter lights in the rear view/side mirrors. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot about tint, that would look real sharp.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 6 speed. First thing I did was install the skip shift eliminator. Then exhaust, cold air intake, tint and splash guards. I didn't have any rock chips yet but glad to have the guards on there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now this may be a dumb question but I'm a new owner so just bear with me. Lol. There are cut outs under the hood that seem to lead to the hood scoops, so will a drill and an intake kit make it functional?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
They have functional hood scoops you can put into the hood without rigging something up. They aren't very much $. I already have them from the factory so I don't know how much they are but someone on here was talking about adding them before I found out Classics already had them

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Diablo, CAI and exhaust

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are lots of mods to do, but I would put splash guards high on the list. A number of guys have chipped paint from running without them.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Splash guards and door sill guards. You're gonna be driving it a lot right now aren't you? :browsmiley: Start out protecting your baby first.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
If it's an SE don't spend a ton on go fast mods.
appearance mods are a better value imo...I recommend hood struts or mopar pedals

·
Banned
557 Posts
If it's an SE don't spend a ton on go fast mods.
appearance mods are a better value imo...I recommend hood struts or mopar pedals
Speaking of pedals, I love my polished pedals that came on my RT. The only goofy thing is they kept the emergency brake a normal black pad, but I saw just the other day where Speedy got a Mercedes (I think) part for the brake pedal.

In regards to the speed shift eliminator someone else mentioned, obviously that wouldn't apply since you have a 5-speed automatic. But for those with sticks, I have to agree it's got to be high on the list. That is the one thing that drives me CRAZY!!!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Haven't made it to the Mercedes dealer yet but I was told the part # was 203-430-00-84. I was also told they make more than one size emergency brake pedal pad so be carefull.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry I haven't replied yet, long day at work. But I was thinking the same thing deranged, I'll probably go splash guards first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts