Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the performance section and had no luck but... im going to install my mopar intake kooks headers , hhp stage 2 cam porting the heads intake and throttle body and high flow cats.. What kind of hp gains am i looking at? Is my MPG going to decrease dramatically? Thnks

·
Registered
5 Posts
your missing a lot of info headers are short or long? what cam/tuning? throttle body is electric not sure where your going with that and the heads rarely need modifications unless under boost.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your missing a lot of info headers are short or long? what cam/tuning? throttle body is electric not sure where your going with that and the heads rarely need modifications unless under boost.
mopar intake , kooks long tube headers and high flow cats.. stage 2 hhp cam with new valve springs and retainters and electric throttle body

·
Registered
5 Posts
for the money long tube headers are not worth it SRT challengers already have short tube headers and the extension of the headers with highflow cats will set a CEL. The throttle body is also kind of pointless unless your going to upgrade the whole intake manifold. And I would not touch the heads unless you are installing a supercharger the CAI helps a little and a cam might give you 40 hp so your going to be spending $1500 on tuning for that cam and to reprogram the pcm so it will recognize the new locations of the o2 sensors. and if you do the heads that's probably $3,000 worth of labor and machining for not much gain. instead you might want to just look towards a supercharger kit for 4k and for a little more coin you can get a whole lot more power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts