Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking my 2014 rt up from steve white in a couple days. I had the "maggie" 8lb supercharger with a diablo tune installed. It has the borla s-type exhaust and mopar cold air filter. Would like to hear from those with similar set up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As long as the tune is correct, it should be smooth, reliable power all the way up... In my experience, if the tune is off in the slightest bit, you may notice some "light switch" effect.. granny driving or balls to the wall.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
What should you expect....a smile every time you floor it.

On hot summer days you will notice a reduction in power as the IAT will climb 30-50F above ambient.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Expect back tires to disappear frequently...... Congrats! :)

As for the IAT rise, there are things you can do after the fact to help lower them. Run Water Wetter and De-Ionized water in the intercooler
loop (not good if your car is exposed to freezing temps) Alternately you could add Water Wetter to the anti-freeze in the intercooler loop.
Upgrade the IC pump or add a larger fluid expansion tank. Some folks went the Killer Chiller route, it's involved and it's expensive but it
does seem to work quite well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure you know of the guys at Steve White are Challenger fanatics. Especially Luke who is heading up my build. He should have some advice for me too. Thanks for the input. Oh ! I have a set of 275/40r20 Firestone Indy 500 tires going on a new set of 20x9 Yellow Jacket wheels to help me out. MY GOAL ?? Show the "PONY CARS" what MOPAR is all about !!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you aren't happy with the way it drives, you probably should start with getting it tuned on the dyno by the shop near them. My guess is you'd do it all thru SW since they did your install. Might get some extra ponies out of it too..

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As long as the tune is correct, it should be smooth, reliable power all the way up... In my experience, if the tune is off in the slightest bit, you may notice some "light switch" effect.. granny driving or balls to the wall.
This is spot on. Power is delivered smoothly and reliably from factory FI setups. Every aftermarket FI install that I've driven has had the, "light switch" effect even if the tune is perfect. It's surprising at first but after you learn the car, things are less sketchy. Smiles appear shortly after.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is spot on. Power is delivered smoothly and reliably from factory FI setups. Every aftermarket FI install that I've driven has had the, "light switch" effect even if the tune is perfect. It's surprising at first but after you learn the car, things are less sketchy. Smiles appear shortly after.
Sucks for it to flip the switch to the "ON" position in front of a cop though.. ask me how i know lmao (I pulled over immediately because i knew he would light me up)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Now you have me thinking.. I wonder if there is a way to feed the throttle position sensor voltage to an electronic bypass of sorts..... starting to research this...

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
527 Posts
Need more boost after a while. The weight of these cars really suck up the horsepower. I'm at 570rwhp and its got me bored

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
I have a Magnuson on order, and I'm curious as to what happens when you hit the rev limiter and it cuts the fuel, but still has the boost.
I regularly hit the rev limiter during burnouts and the motor does the same thing as when it was NA...it bounces off the limiter but recovery is much faster. :grin2:

The 5800 limit on the 5.7 is a joke with the Maggie as it hits it almost instantly. I plan on bumping up to 6000 but I what to update the springs (push rods are already upgraded).

·
Registered
167 Posts
I regularly hit the rev limiter during burnouts and the motor does the same thing as when it was NA...it bounces off the limiter but recovery is much faster. :grin2:

The 5800 limit on the 5.7 is a joke with the Maggie as it hits it almost instantly. I plan on bumping up to 6000 but I what to update the springs (push rods are already upgraded).
That's good to know. I have a buddy running a Pro Charger on a LS, and he says when he hits the rev limiter, it kept blowing of the blow off valve hose. So I was curious, thanks for the answer.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts

When I hit the rev limiter, my automatic goes into limp mode and I have to stop and turn the car off to get the transmission back.:frown:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if it is good or bad to see that others are experiencing the same problem I am having with my 8lb boost Maggie on my 2014 Challenger RT. It was recently installed and I can't enjoy the extra ponies. Mine is an automatic. In auto using the paddles it will get up to around 5000 rpm and seem to stumble before I can shift to second. The same if I start in 1st gear and get the rpm's up. The car will pull like crazy but I can't come close to pedal to the metal or even attempting a decent 0-60 run. Luke at Steve White is helping with my problem.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Yes, but not for long, Getting a dyno tune soon. I will have them up the limit.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's the bypass valve, u feel it around 3500rpm.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts