Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all sold my challenger rt classic about 1 year ago looking to purchase a low milage 2010
any advice on price i should pay?
I found a 2010 plum crazy 13k miles for 22k private 1 owner with shaker hood and original hood included.
and stock Exhaust also included has mopar factory after market exhaust quad "tips"

·
Super Moderator
15,099 Posts
R/T Classic or SRT model?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I assume it's an R/T at that price, and at that price I'd still call it a pretty good buy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very good price, see if he has all service records and spend a few bucks getting it checked out top to bottom front to back, hate to hear ya got burnt once the check clears---good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great Price espicially with a shaker .I know I would'nt sell mine for that price.I'd say if the car is mechanically sound jump on it.PLUM CRAZY if ya don't :smoker:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually a sad story the guy has to sell it he is medically not allowed to drive any more.
He also sold his 34 coupe and a truck he had. and he lost his job on top of the illness,
He was asking 24 and I offered him 22k

Definitely have it checked out. Trade in is around $25K so, I would question why it is $3K less

·
Registered
959 Posts
FWIW: I traded my 010 RT 6spd in Aug, 24K. They have it on the lot for just under 30K. 13,500 miles on it. If he's really asking 22K ... it seems not quite right but then again some folks just don't care that much they just want to move stuff. Be vewy careful.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Actually a sad story the guy has to sell it he is medically not allowed to drive any more.
He also sold his 34 coupe and a truck he had. and he lost his job on top of the illness,
He was asking 24 and I offered him 22k
Just my opinion, but I think that your offer under the circumstances, is a "low ball" offer. He's in a bad situations, and wants to generate cash..................................but he's got the car's price at $24 as a move it quick price, just a little under wholesale.

Myself, I would be thankful to find that car, and if it was what I wanted, I would happily pay the $24k.

That said, I wouldn't buy the car for $22k, if I didn't like it.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Did you buy it? I think its an awesome buy for that price and as for the "low-ball" offer... WHATEVER! The guy does not have to accept it and if he does then so be it. If I can get something for less I'm taking it and not going to pay extra just because someone needs the money! I need my money too!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Let's not get all emotional. Once a buyer and a seller agree on a price, unless one has a gun to the head of another, that is a fair deal.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not yet!!!

Not yet still deciding!!!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
As much as I love my 2010, and don't like the changes in door handles, etc I would walk away from any auto before 2012, you are getting a ticking "timing chain breaking" time bomb, SRT auto is all I would consider before 2012MY IMO.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I havnt heard anything about the 2010 auto being a time bomb are you serious?

As much as I love my 2010, and don't like the changes in door handles, etc I would walk away from any auto before 2012, you are getting a ticking "timing chain breaking" time bomb, SRT auto is all I would consider before 2012MY IMO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts