Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratchhead:Hello all, I have been looking for a new 2010 R/T for about three weeks now. I have been in contact with about 7 dealerships by email or phone. Looks like they are all offering about 16-17% off MSRP and as time goes by seems like they are getting a little cheaper. I am interested in the 6sp classic, pretty much loaded where the MSRP is about $40K. What are you guys paying?? Please put in your your 2 cents. -Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
:scratchhead:Hello all, I have been looking for a new 2010 R/T for about three weeks now. I have been in contact with about 7 dealerships by email or phone. Looks like they are all offering about 16-17% off MSRP and as time goes by seems like they are getting a little cheaper. I am interested in the 6sp classic, pretty much loaded where the MSRP is about $40K. What are you guys paying?? Please put in your your 2 cents. -Thanks
I would have to say low 30's especially for a 6-speed, they are having a hard time selling them

·
Banned
557 Posts
I just bought me a 6-speed. Picked it up tonight in fact. :)

Sticker was right at $33k, and I actually paid $27k. So $6k (or 18%) off sticker. I would think with a $40k sticker the discount just gets sweeter, maybe 20%+. Sounds like they are shooting you a buy price of around $33k. Why not counter back at $31k and if you can meet anywhere between those 2 then buy a car!

Although I have to admit, for that kind of money I'd have to see what they'd sell an SRT for...as I've heard discounts of $10k or better.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
One thing for sure, don't pay more than dealer invoice. Go to fleet sales and you may pay less.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Some great prices! If you find something there you like, you could probably afford to have it shipped in to you. I am also curious if they would deal a little more on their SRT's as I noticed many of the RT's with lower sticker price had the same or a little better discount than the SRT's.

And what about this bad boy. Already supercharged, and reduced down in price. Not sure if it's above your range or not though.

Orange County Jeep | Orange County Dodge | Orange County Jeep Dealer | Orange County Dodge Dealer | Orange Coast

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The best deal I can find at the moment is $7200 off and R/T that has an MSRP of $41,345 looks to be about 17.5 % off. I am going to hold out until the end of the month hopefully that will shake some additional money out of them. Some of the advertised pricing you see at a Dealers website include many rebates that you have to meet certain qualifications, such as coming off a Chrysler lease -$1500, millitary -$500, and others. So, don't think what you see listed is what you can get it for.

·
Registered
958 Posts
why buy brand new when there are so many low mileage 09's and 010's available? A look at ebay will likely turn up exactly what you want at considerable savings. It's at least worth a look. There is at least one SRT in there in the 33k range last I looked.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would like the full warranty, plus I have a trade-in.
I can't address the warranty, not sure how much carries over but there's a Texas dealer in there who regularly has very nice cars at reasonable prices and I'm sure takes trades. But, just a suggestion. Best of luck in your search, there are plenty of new ones out there.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Good point about all the discounts such as military, current lease owners, etc. In MY numbers I gave you earlier those did NOT include those things. I brought my own financing, am not military and traded in a Nissan Titan. I had several dealers offer almost the same deal, all within a few hundred bucks.

In regards to used vehicles and warranties, be careful with the 09's as I believe they had lifetime power train warranty (but only for the FIRST owner) and 3yr/36k for everything else and transferable to other owners. If you find a used 10 model I believe both the standard 3yr/36k warranty and 5yr/100k power train warranty is transferable.

Of course if you plan to mod the car the warranty is a moot point.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I have been seeing R/T's and R/T Classic prices in the upper 20's to low 30's depending on the options. Im now seeing 2011 R/T's and R/T Classics for lower or the same price at delaers with them in transit. Hmmmmm, interesting. Why would I get a 10 for the same price as an 11????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Signing papers on a 2010 R/T 6 speed tomorrow morning, I'm getting it for 28k and change...

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Signing papers on a 2010 R/T 6 speed tomorrow morning, I'm getting it for 28k and change...

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Congrats on new R/T. Are you trading in the SE?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes ma'am! Don't get me wrong I loved my SE and was starting to have a lot of fun with the mods, but I can't believe the deal I'm getting... I was nervous what they were gonna say after I had to handwrite them a list of every mod on the SE. Haha but the trade in vs. what I owe on it really didn't hit me hard, I mean yes I did get a little negative equity but it was expected.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The best deal I can find at the moment is $7200 off and R/T that has an MSRP of $41,345 looks to be about 17.5 % off. I am going to hold out until the end of the month hopefully that will shake some additional money out of them. Some of the advertised pricing you see at a Dealers website include many rebates that you have to meet certain qualifications, such as coming off a Chrysler lease -$1500, millitary -$500, and others. So, don't think what you see listed is what you can get it for.
where are you located?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Trying to buy but.....

Do you think something is telling me not to buy a new RT?

I found a dealer nearby (50 miles) that had two nice RT's in stock, one Black the other Orange both auto's which was ok with me and even better for the wife. I drove both which were really loaded with just about all options. Waited a few days and went back prepared to buy the black one, as we had previously discussed pricing. When I got there a guy was buying the black RT, so I was out by about an hour. I drove the orange one again, but really not crazy about the white srtipes it had, plus after I parked it and tried to start it again the battery died. Don't need to buy a car with visible pre-installed problems.

I found a beautiful B5 blue 6sp loaded that is 3 hours drive from my home. I went back and forth with the salesman for about two weeks and came to terms with pricing before seeing the car in person. I told him I would be there Saturday afternoon (1/22/11) and have the car preped for delivery. I finally made there by 5pm (they close at 6pm) after sitting in traffic because of an accident for about an hour (total of 4 hours on the road to get there).

When I get there, the cars not preped but we did the test drive. He says he can have it ready for me in less than an hour. Then we get into his office and he tells me he can't take my check it needs to be certified funds. Keep in mind I had a trade and the cash balance was $12,000. I demanded to speak to his boss, which I never did, he left for a minute then came back and said he'll take my check. I was relieved and excited but not for long.

He now asked for my insurance info and proceeded to call the ins. company which had closed at 430pm. Now he says I can't sell you the car without talking to your ins. company. Needless to say I left without the new RT.

If the idiot salesman would have told me all of this before I left my home 160 miles away, I could have obviously been more prepared. I bought many new cars and never ran into these problems ever. I said this to him in anger and his answer was I didn't think you were buying the car today. I said you think I drove 3 hours for a test drive? I told you to get the car preped for delivery, what else could that mean? We agreed on the price didn't we? Then he says you're only a few hours away. I really wanted to kick him in the @ss and so did my wife.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts