Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What simple Mods could i do to increase performance?

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Hell Ride 
#1 ·
I own a 2015 Challenger R/T with the 6 speed standard. ive been looking on here to see what you guys have said about different mods. if you guys could help me out and give me estimated prices for what you say i should do that would be great.

ive been thinking about doing the 270 comp cam, but i feel i should wait until i do a few other things first . i.e Catback exhaust, cold air intake , and i want to do the diablo tuner but they havent released one for the 6 speed yet so thats still on hold.

the tires in the rear are still stock 245s i seen a set of street drag 305s that i think will just set it off and give me some better traction off the line. the 245s just spin too easily.

sidenote: someone told me that exhaust cutouts would greatly benefit me. those of you that have done these what do you think about them. any feedback will be greatly appreciated

#6 ·
You can get diablo tune for 6spd. It will ask you later what tranny you have and/or will pop show when you put in your vin.

Forget the short ram intakes, just get the hellcat box. I wouldn't get a full exhaust since you have 6spd with bigger pipes and bottle muffs anyway. Just get axleback if you want more sound or like you said cutouts.

I know someone with 305 on their SRT. Not sure if RT rims support 305 though.

#8 ·
You can get diablo tune for 6spd. It will ask you later what tranny you have and/or will pop show when you put in your vin.

Forget the short ram intakes, just get the hellcat box. I wouldn't get a full exhaust since you have 6spd with bigger pipes and bottle muffs anyway. Just get axleback if you want more sound or like you said cutouts.

I know someone with 305 on their SRT. Not sure if RT rims support 305 though.

i hate the rims im going to switch them out as well. the hellcat box is a good idea, where could i buy that?

so in your opinion i will get the same results from just the axle back as i would the whole exhaust system.?

#9 ·
Honestly I don't think there are any "simple" mods that increase any noticeable performance! I've done: exhaust, intake, 180F thermo, Diablo InTune, and it sure sounds better and MAYBE I'd like to think there is a performance bump since I spent all that $$$, but if anything at the very least, it broadened my torque curves?

Short of a custom tune (with all mods listed above +cam +headers) or a super charger, I say just get some cat-backs (Zoomers, Solo, MBRP, etc.) and call it a day and just start saving for a Scat!

#10 ·
Honestly I don't think there are any "simple" mods that increase any noticeable performance! I've done: exhaust, intake, 180F thermo, Diablo InTune, and it sure sounds better and MAYBE I'd like to think there is a performance bump since I spent all that $$$, but if anything at the very least, it broadened my torque curves?

Short of a custom tune (with all mods listed above +cam +headers) or a super charger, I say just get some cat-backs (Zoomers, Solo, MBRP, etc.) and call it a day and just start saving for a Scat!

I think the tune will help alot, my rev limit is set at 5500 which is just garbage IMO i dont look at my gauges when shifting i listen, but it is set so low that i always hit the limit and it sets me back.

What could i increase the limit to without risking blowing it up?

#12 ·
Get these:

Longtube headers, 87mm True TB, ported intake to match TB, Mopar CAI or HC CAI, wider back tires and "Intune" with custom tune install.

#13 ·
Longtube headers, 87mm True TB, ported intake to match TB, Mopar CAI or HC CAI, wider back tires and "Intune" with custom tune install.
It's a 2015 so they don't have tuning yet.

#15 ·
Oh yeah, my bad. In that case, longtubes and staggered wheels.

Reactions: 2015SUBLIME
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.