Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2021 RT 6- speed and I want to delete the mids and replace them with Vibrants. What size inlet/outlet do I need? I always see the 1794's, which are 3", but isn't my exhaust 2 & 3/4? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I may be wrong but my understanding is the the 3' will slip right over the 2 3/4' and then can be welded. I ordered the 3' Dynamax Mini Race Bullets for my 21' Scat because that's what everyone here recommended. Am going to have them put on when it comes in. Supposed to be next week. If this is incorrect I am sure someone with more experience/knowledge will jump in.

I've got a 2021 RT 6- speed and I want to delete the mids and replace them with Vibrants. What size inlet/outlet do I need? I always see the 1794's, which are 3", but isn't my exhaust 2 & 3/4? Thanks
Size wise that is. Everyone didn't recommend the Dynamax, that's much more subjective! ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, 9 man, but I hope someone chimes in that has actually done this. I just had a horrible experience ordering something that didn't work. And I seriously hope your beautiful new ride shows up pretty soon so you can get off the goddam internet and go for a ride!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Thanks, 9 man, but I hope someone chimes in that has actually done this. I just had a horrible experience ordering something that didn't work. And I seriously hope your beautiful new ride shows up pretty soon so you can get off the goddam internet and go for a ride!!!!!
Manx, you are sooo right! I've already thought of that. When the car gets here and Spring arrives. Won't be hearing from me nearly as much (to many members relief, I'm sure! :LOL:).

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger T/A
83 Posts
I advise going 3". It is much easier for a shop to weld the gap. See the attached (sorry its blurry... it was cropped from a photo focused on the active exhaust valves) It shows how easy it is for the shop to do a weld that bridges the gap between pipe size.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

I personally used the Jones JFP300 and the sound is amazing. I will also attach a cold start of my car (keep in mind mine is a 392).

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Oh no, don't feel that way. You're only averaging ~20 posts/day!!!! And I still need some exhaust advice.
Yeah, I guess I'm wound pretty tight about getting my first Mopar. I feel like a teenager waiting on his first car at Christmas. And now that I know it's "in state" It's getting worse. About to drive my wife crazy. The refrigerator is covered with all my paperwork and pictures! :love:

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger T/A
83 Posts
Yeah, I guess I'm wound pretty tight about getting my first Mopar. I feel like a teenager waiting on his first car at Christmas. And now that I know it's "in state" It's getting worse. About to drive my wife crazy. The refrigerator is covered with all my paperwork and pictures! :love:
Why the jump from GM to Mopar? Aside from Pontiac being no more. Just wondering... I personally love all the American sports cars but the Challenger is better suited to my body type, lifestyle, and it's just more retro which is a huge plus for me growing up around hot rods and classics. It's the only muscle car left.
Also congrats on the new car to come.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Why the jump from GM to Mopar? Aside from Pontiac being no more. Just wondering... I personally love all the American sports cars but the Challenger is better suited to my body type, lifestyle, and it's just more retro which is a huge plus for me growing up around hot rods and classics. It's the only muscle car left.
Also congrats on the new car to come.
Thanks, just like you, love muscle cars. Been driving a van for my DD due to work requirements (for 40 years!). Recently retired, so I can buy what I want now. Have always secretly liked Mopars. Looked at the Mustang and Camaro. Didn't suit me ( Nice cars, don't get me wrong). I wanted "old school cool". Not a sports car like my Hawk's. Also manual was a must. At my age, I wanted as close to the 60's & 70's look as I could get. Challenger is really the only game in town. Also loved the ala' carte option list for customization. Can't wait!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Off to the shop for the 1000 mi. oil change. Time for some actual measurements. Thanks, guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts