Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SRT base. So far I've done the intake and a tuner. Next is the 180Tstat (not sure if I want to do that, chime in if I should or shouldn't).

My next purchase is a throttle body and do not know which size to get. This is where you guys come in.

A: I do not plan on a cam or headers. Car is fast enough for me, just needs a good kick in the butt.
B: Once I put the throttle body, I only plan on a catch can and something else mild.
C: I will order a custom email tune once I get my throttle body
D: I am also considering porting the intake manifold. I know it's plastic, but something is telling me this might work.

Please advise on which size to go considering my current mods and etc. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Unless you get more mods, I don't think a throttle body is worth it...you'll prob get 5hp extra with a good tune.

I have Cam, longtube headers and supercharger and do not have an upgrade throttle body.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Stock TB and intake will get you in the 11s. They flow just fine until you go FI'd.
Lots of big #s being posted with the intake porting but no time slips so take that with a grain of salt...
Your tune will give you better throttle response via the throttle booster feature which is all a TB will do.
Save you $ or invest in some DRs. They will reduce your 1/4 time by .3 and that is real not paper #s.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If you do not plan to go big then just get the standard Fastman mod, it just smooths it out. The others go to a bigger diameter that matches the intake manifold port.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
If you do not plan to go big then just get the standard Fastman mod, it just smooths it out. The others go to a bigger diameter that matches the intake manifold port.

^^^^^
Good advise there, that's what I did and was very happy. Since I don't plan on making a built motor or going FI, the standard bore TB mod by Fastman was all I needed. Very good mod IMO especially when combined with a custom tune. Really opens that throttle up. A ported TB with a little Diablo throttle boost = BLISS!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Stock TB and intake will get you in the 11s. They flow just fine until you go FI'd.
Lots of big #s being posted with the intake porting but no time slips so take that with a grain of salt...
Your tune will give you better throttle response via the throttle booster feature which is all a TB will do.
Save you $ or invest in some DRs. They will reduce your 1/4 time by .3 and that is real not paper #s.
I agree but the throttle response from a tune and a TB are different from my experience.

I have no data to back it up but the throttle boost still has a lag that a modded TB helps a little.

For driveability purposes I suggest both the throttle boost and modded TB.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Our customers have been very happy with our 2013+ Ported 87mm TB
Best part is tuning is not needed and there is no surging like others that are out there + free shipping!

New Site link 5.7 | 6.4L SRT CNC Ported Throttle Body 87mm (4251)

Here are just a few of the reviews from our customers

you can read more here Modern Muscle CNC Ported Throttle Body 87mm 5.7 or 6.1 6.4L Hemi SRT

87mm throttle body
January 1, 2014Reviewer: DION HATTEN from ANTELOPE, CA United States the 87mm throttle body for my Challenger SRT 8 is a welcomed addition. It definitely made the throttle response an immediate improvement . Thanks Modern Muscle for making a product that actually makes a difference!

Was this review helpful to you?

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful:
incredible
December 13, 2013Reviewer: Jon Albertson from Madison, WI United States I ordered my 87mm Throttle Body during the crazy holiday season. To my amazement it was shipped that day and received within 2 days. Incredible.

When I received that piece, I could feel the quality. This is a well made piece. Very happy with this purchase

Great service and product
November 2, 2013Reviewer: Ryan Anselmo from Suitland, MD United States I ordered a 87mm throttle body on a Friday and had it at my front door within 5 days. It is a great looking throttle body and performs amazing. I bought it and installed it in 10 minutes on my 08 SRT Challenger. Chris from MM is great and very helpful. I will be bringing my car in for more extensive work at a future date.

Purchase of MM 87mm Throttle Body
November 1, 2013Reviewer: Maurice Cardenas from Conyers, GA United States After going back and forth on the purchase of a ported throttle body, I decided to call Modern Muscle to get some feedback. Chris took as much time as needed to explain the positives about my potential purchase, even recommending the 87mm vs the 85mm based on my current mods. Great conversation and the product was received right on schedule. Quality product and I feel comfortable that it compliments my mods nicely. Thanks Chris and Modern Muscle for a great customer experience!
2006 Magnum SRT8

Great parts, super fast shipping
October 23, 2013Reviewer: Dan Klynstra from Florence , SC United States I put the 87mm throttle body on my 2010 srt challenger and it's works perfectly. Smooth idle and wow the response !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts