Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a hell of a deal on some srt black chrome wheels for the old ladies 2014 rt. The wheels are 20x9. She has factory 18s on it now. What size tires will fit and look good. What brands are you guys having success with? Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Believe you can go 275/40r20 all around. 245s front and 275s rear for sure if want to go staggered

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
That would be 245/45R20 front, and 275/40R20 rear. It would look good, but could only rotate side to side. A Guy

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I like going staggered for 3 main reasons.

1. a 245 drives great on these cars..better than 275s in my opinion. (Road course racing I would go wider but I don't.)
2. the 275 in the rear will look wider than a 275 when 245s are on the front.
3. Car looks more custom and not factory

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'll cHeck out that thread. I agree I think the staggered will be the way to go. Good point on the 275s looking bigger with 245 up front.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
You’ll need to run a 3mm spacer up front when you throw those new wheels on to avoid any rubbing. You’ll be all good out back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Staggered Replacement tires

Recently bought my 2015 Challenger SXT Plus and researching new tires. I believe I am going with the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus at 245/45R20 in front and 275/40R20 in rear. Diameter will remain the same and I think it will make my car look awesome. Keeping the stock rims that came with the car. How will the wider rear tire perform on the 9" rim in the rear? I'm worried about reducing the strength of the side wall with the wider tire. I drive the car daily and get very few opportunities to do any spirited driving but when I do I want to be confident the tires will be there to keep me on the road. I will also be applying custom Toyo Proxes wheel vinyl to the tires to match the other custom additions to my Challenger. Pictures will be posted soon.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ChallyDad44. If your wheels are stock, then you have 8" wheels, not 9". You need at least 9" for the 275's

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts