Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 2nd set of wheels for winter use with an aggressive all season tread. Am I limited to 20" with the 15.4" brakes or would maybe a 19" work off an AWD? I know most "normal" Chargers and Challengers can take down to a 17", but these brakes are hugemongous. I want to start looking for a cheap used set well before I need them.

·
Registered
15,813 Posts
Prett sure only 20's will work, maybe a custom 19 would but no way on the factory AWD wheels, the offset is totally wrong and no way will they clear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prett sure only 20's will work, maybe a custom 19 would but no way on the factory AWD wheels, the offset is totally wrong and no way will they clear.

OK, thanks, I always wondered what the odd offset was on those, going way back to the original R/T Chargers and Magnums, always 19 on the AWD.
I think the 4 pot can take 18s, correct? (in the front, I know the all the rears can take 18)

·
Registered
15,813 Posts
OK, thanks, I always wondered what the odd offset was on those, going way back to the original R/T Chargers and Magnums, always 19 on the AWD.

I think the 4 pot can take 18s, correct? (in the front, I know the all the rears can take 18)
It's a crazy offset like +50mm or something, the wheel would be way too far inside.

Some 18's will fit over the 4-pistons, with factory 18's you would need a spacer.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a crazy offset like +50mm or something, the wheel would be way too far inside.

Some 18's will fit over the 4-pistons, with factory 18's you would need a spacer.

I have the 6 pot Dynamic package. I guess I will keep a sharp lookout for some 20" take offs. Either way, I would test fit them before I dropped that much cash on them. It would be nice to find a set with decent tires to start with, and working TPMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts