Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to give my car a more aggressive stance without breaking my bank. I have been reading multiple posts about spacers but not exactly what I was looking for. I have a 2016 Challenger R/T with new 245/45R20 Eagle Sport tires. I was looking at 1-piece 25mm Hubcentric spacers for just the rears since I read that front spacers can cause alot of problems in the steering system. As far as I know the rest of the car is stock. My main concern is avoiding chopping the lugs. Along with this, I do not wish to put spacers on so big that the tires rub on the fenders driving through the neighborhood.

Basically I just want to know if it can be done and if anyone has tried this on the same setup. Should I be looking at a different sized spacer or type? Also if anyone advises against this route I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

-2016 Challenger R/T Manual Transmission
-30% window tint sides and rear
-Visor tint on front
-Speed Dawgs Short throw shifter
-Billet Oil-Catch Can

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,797 Posts
IMO I would ditch the spacers and get wheels that allow you to run wider tires. Why? Because the 245 look so emaciated. I went with Factory Reproduction demon wheels FR73 (they come with the correct offset) that allowed by to run 275 up front and 315 in the rear (no spacers and no rubbing) and the stance/look is bitchin. Do and advanced forum search...once you see the meats guys are running it will be hard to get those images out of your head.

Although I have seen guys here run 295 up front with studded spacers...looked very meaty up front.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I run 315's on the rear and use a 1/4" spacer because my rims tires did rub even though I bought the recommended +25mm offset. On the fronts I run 245s with no spacers. I am in the process of saving for a tune and cam after which, I am going to get 17" rear rims 10.5" wide with a 6.5" Back spacing and run 315's probably with the same spacers and 18" 4.5" wide front rims with no spacers and skinnies (5 or 6 inch wide tires),

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,797 Posts
For 10.5" wide wheels in the rear, the correct offset is +22 (the bottom, back of the fender lining will rub on tight turns...it is flimsy). With +25 you need will need at least a 1/8" spacer. I could have sworn there was a member running 10.5" front and back.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
For 10.5" wide wheels in the rear, the correct offset is +22 (the bottom, back of the fender lining will rub on tight turns...it is flimsy). With +25 you need will need at least a 1/8" spacer. I could have sworn there was a member running 10.5" front and back.
I will have to remember that when I get new rims. What kind of offset does 6.5" back spacing translate to?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,797 Posts
A backspacing for 6.5" on a 10.5" wheel is ~20mm. For a +22mm offset the equivalent backspace is ~6.6". I'd say 6.5" is close enough.
FYI - this site gives offset and back space.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,797 Posts
What size tire are you planning on running?

If I ever get a wide body I am doing this:

For offset/backspace conversions I have been using this site.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
What size tire are you planning on running?

If I ever get a wide body I am doing this:

For offset/backspace conversions I have been using this site.
315/50 R17 P315/50R17 ET STREET R MTT-3576 and TIRE SPORTSMAN S/R 28X6.00R18LT MTT-6688 on the front!!!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,797 Posts
315s on a 10" rim will make the tire bulge in the center. Even at 10.5" there is a slight bulge...the correct width should be 11".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts