Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here! Been reading up the last few days! I bit the bullet...pick up a new IE tomorrow (#1045, DWB, Roof, NAV, F1, Pkg II, No Apparance Pkg).

I have to say that this is out of my norm. I usually drive Cadillac and GMC. Last summer, decided it was time for some fun and bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS, put 10k on it four months. It was a blast! For this summers fun, I was thinking a CTS-V, but then I saw the pics of the DWB IE...I fell in love. I still have not seen one in person and have not even driven an older model SRT8. I did test drive a 2010 RT before I bought the Camaro. Here's praying that I'm more than pleased when I drive it off the lot tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I traded my V for an SRT. The V was great but the SRT is a whole different beast. Way more rock star status, much better built.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much better build?? What gen was your V?

·
Registered
416 Posts
mrspeck,

Congrats. You took the Mopar plunge and now, you're hosed. Seriously. Mopar is like a crazy celebrity marriage in the headlines... glamorous and memorable moments interspersed with fits of rage and hysteria over issues that don't ever seem to get fixed... it's the greatest relationship and then its almost abusive at the same time... you'll feel ecstacy at the same time you're ripping your hair out... but yet, you'll stick with it and keep coming back for more. Mopar is different, and its hard to put into words, but it is. Maybe it has something to do with the company not being the biggest company, I don't know... but you'll see.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
First post here! Been reading up the last few days! I bit the bullet...pick up a new IE tomorrow (#1045, DWB, Roof, NAV, F1, Pkg II, No Apparance Pkg).

I have to say that this is out of my norm. I usually drive Cadillac and GMC. Last summer, decided it was time for some fun and bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS, put 10k on it four months. It was a blast! For this summers fun, I was thinking a CTS-V, but then I saw the pics of the DWB IE...I fell in love. I still have not seen one in person and have not even driven an older model SRT8. I did test drive a 2010 RT before I bought the Camaro. Here's praying that I'm more than pleased when I drive it off the lot tomorrow!
Former GM man here too, hence, my forum name.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Your going to have a lot of fun. Last summer camaro memories will not compair. Like
to hear from you in December for your thoughts...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking forward to a greater comfort factor with the Challenger. The Camaro was tight...and rode like a lumber wagon...but it was a blast!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I also was driving GMC, Lexus & BMW. Then I saw & test drove a 2010 Challenger srt8 then 2011 Challenger srt8 IE. Love it & got my first dodge 392. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
40 year GM only owner then within 6 months - look at the signature.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I grewup in a FORD house but had a 57 Chevy Belair in high school and a Chevy has been my daily driver for almost all of the last 33 years until I test drove my Challenger and now it's my daily driver. I still own some Chevys though and even a Ford.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cadillac to Mopar

Welcome to the transition - I had a Caddy V1 and V2. I just recently traded in my CTS-V2 for a DWB IE (No# 918). I've always loved the look and muscle car history of the Challenger. There is a big difference between the two cars in ride, performance and features. There are things that I liked about the V2 and now things that I like about the Challenger. I have no regrets about the Challenger purchase and look forward to getting more comfortable with my Mopar.

I've rented the Camaro SS and like the look and ride of the Challenger much more. The Challenger is a very comfortable car and the power is strong as well - haven't pushed the car yet since I only have 500 miles right now. I was surprised how much bigger the car felt compared to my V2 when I first switched two weeks ago. The car seems smaller the more time that I get to drive it. Will be interested in comparing the two cars once I get to push the limits. I'm not expecting a apples to apples comparison since they are such different cars but its so much fun having the opportunity to own these GREAT American cars. Its great to see the American car companies creating and building such world class automobiles.

·
Registered
368 Posts

Traded my 09 Chally SRT8 in on a 2011 DWB IE 6 Speed. You will not be sorry. The 2011 is way more fun to drive and be seen in.

Jack

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Much better build?? What gen was your V?
Mine was an '07. Neat car, crap build. Fit, finish, materials were well below what you'd expect for a Caddy or even a Malibu for that matter. Lots of stories about rusted seat rails, A pillar covers barely hanging on, rattles, squeaks, and on and on. And a black and white LCD screen? I did like uploading custom messages though- wish my SRT8 had that.

The V was a fun car though and fast; in my estimation my stock V was faster than my stock SRT8. That would be except from a dead stop- the rear end would just hammer the chassis. Worst wheel hop I've ever experienced.

The next gen V's were nicer and I was thinking of holding out for the blown V but the Challenger won me over heart and soul even if I believed GM could build something better. The blown V is a seriously nice machine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it is home and in the garage for the first time (after its first bath).

10 miles when I pulled away from Baxter yesterday, now at 512 sitting in its stall.

Impressions: Challenger vs Camaro

LOOKS: Depends who you ask...I love the the Challenger...my wife leans towards the Camaro.
RIDE: NO COMPARISON...Challenger wins hands down.
HANDLING: To Be Determined...mostly interstate miles since delivery.
INTERIOR: NO COMPARISON...Challenger all the way. The SRT seats are great front and rear. Also, the new "NAPPA" leather is so much better than some of the leather Chrysler has thrown in some of there vehicles in the last few years. Features are much more extensive than Camaro also.
ENGINE: To Be Determined...went pretty easy on it, but acts like it wants to fly...we'll find out soon.
MANUAL GEARBOX: Ok, Until the Camaro I didn't have much experience with a manual. It took a lot of time to get used to and I was never completely comfortable with it. Now, after driving the Challenger, I'm wondering if there was something wrong with my Camaro or it the cluth was suppose to be that much more aggressive. I'm already more comfortable with the Challenger than I was with 10k on the Camaro? Anyone have experience with both?
OVERALL: I'm in love. I hope the honeymoon doesn't end any time soon.

Now...what to order for those $500 worth of accessories????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations - mrspeck

Congrats on picking up the new Challenger. I purchased my 392 IE from Baxter as well and drove it home - live in St. Charles, MO. Be curious to hear your thoughts on the car once you get more time behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Include splash guards for sure.

When I actually got down near rocker panel level to install them, I was astonished and dismayed at how many near-microscopic stone chips I already had behind each front tire. Splash guards are on now and chips are all touched up and polished down.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I used to have other brand stuff, too. Had two different fox body Mustangs and really liked em at the time, but got rid of the last one a few years ago after numerous quality issues. Other than those, I've had Mopars for a long time, all Mopar now! Love my Mopar 10!!

JS

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Well, it is home and in the garage for the first time (after its first bath).

10 miles when I pulled away from Baxter yesterday, now at 512 sitting in its stall.

Impressions: Challenger vs Camaro

LOOKS: Depends who you ask...I love the the Challenger...my wife leans towards the Camaro.
RIDE: NO COMPARISON...Challenger wins hands down.
HANDLING: To Be Determined...mostly interstate miles since delivery.
INTERIOR: NO COMPARISON...Challenger all the way. The SRT seats are great front and rear. Also, the new "NAPPA" leather is so much better than some of the leather Chrysler has thrown in some of there vehicles in the last few years. Features are much more extensive than Camaro also.
ENGINE: To Be Determined...went pretty easy on it, but acts like it wants to fly...we'll find out soon.
MANUAL GEARBOX: Ok, Until the Camaro I didn't have much experience with a manual. It took a lot of time to get used to and I was never completely comfortable with it. Now, after driving the Challenger, I'm wondering if there was something wrong with my Camaro or it the cluth was suppose to be that much more aggressive. I'm already more comfortable with the Challenger than I was with 10k on the Camaro? Anyone have experience with both?
OVERALL: I'm in love. I hope the honeymoon doesn't end any time soon.

agree with you on all points. I traded a 2007 vette for my challenger and still consider my self a GM guy first. see my signature. :)

My vette to me pulls harder than this challenger but I am positive its because the challenger is so smooth it makes the speed very deceiving. I have to always watch my speedometer to make sure I am NOT speeding.

I have zero regrets on my trade. too many vettes out there and rarely see the challengers. I get way more :thumbsup: in this car then in my vette.

enjo the ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts