Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a couple weeks of driving the SRT-8 Challenger i must say that i really enjoy it. but couple things i just don't understand.

Why wasn't there an option for backup camera ( the F in stereo has the video screen) so i had the local stereo update the stereo (nav tv) and now it works like it should.
also why no power seat for the passenger ( you know a happy wife makes for happy life )

My RT charger had both of these so i just don't see the reason why not for the challenger.

ok rant over
still liking the car but hard to understand the reasoning for such things

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why doesn't the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit have adjustable pedals? I might have to buy an Explorer, which I don't really want to do. The wife has driven both (will be her car) but she's not sure about being comfortable in the Jeep.:domotwak:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Notice how the driver's seat will tilt, but not slide? The passenger seat would be the same way if it was power, which would not work at all for people who use the back seat. Hence, no option for it.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
I agree on the back up camera. This car needs that ability.
The drivers seat doesn't have power recline which it should. As far as the passenger seat, not important as long as it can be reclined most anyone would not complain.
My wife doesn't ride in the car so that's not an issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got an aftermarket back-up camera on my Challenger; it is a very nice feature. I'm surprised Dodge didn't offer one from the factory too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This thread could go on and on...
I wondered about the backup camera; this car is one big blind spot! If Dodge didn't want to put it in the car, why doesnt Mopar make it an accessory?

Passenger power seat...
Rear Seat entry, drivers side...
MDS off button...
Why the vinyl/leather seat combo...
Heated but why not cooled seats...
LED lamping...
Glove box light...
Interior footwell lighting...

I suppose it all adds up to cost and the Chrysler bean counters!

Some of these would make good popular Mopar or aftermarket accessories!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
This thread could go on and on...
I wondered about the backup camera; this car is one big blind spot! If Dodge didn't want to put it in the car, why doesnt Mopar make it an accessory?

Passenger power seat...
Rear Seat entry, drivers side...
MDS off button...
Why the vinyl/leather seat combo...
Heated but why not cooled seats...
LED lamping...
Glove box light...
Interior footwell lighting...

I suppose it all adds up to cost and the Chrysler bean counters!

Some of these would make good popular Mopar or aftermarket accessories!
In my mind the Challenger is a muscle car. You want all those gadgets go buy a four door sedan.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I need cooled seats in my SRT more than heated seats. I only drive it in the summer. So that's a waste right there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree!!! My Backup cam was the most practical mod my 2012 Challenger has seen yet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
So after a couple weeks of driving the SRT-8 Challenger i must say that i really enjoy it. but couple things i just don't understand.

Why wasn't there an option for backup camera ( the F in stereo has the video screen) so i had the local stereo update the stereo (nav tv) and now it works like it should.
also why no power seat for the passenger ( you know a happy wife makes for happy life )

My RT charger had both of these so i just don't see the reason why not for the challenger.

ok rant over
still liking the car but hard to understand the reasoning for such things
Different models get updates at different times due to the day only having 24 hours :) Your asks will be answered with the 2015 MY.

·
Registered
353 Posts
In reality the challenger interior and technology level is loosing ground when you compare it to the whole lineup. The challenger is a 2008 car really...

How the challenger is the same price as the charger with only 2 doors, lot less gadgets and a 2008 interior is beyond me.

At least 2015MY will eliminate that gap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
290 Posts
Notice how the driver's seat will tilt, but not slide? The passenger seat would be the same way if it was power, which would not work at all for people who use the back seat. Hence, no option for it.
Huh? The power seat will slide forward and back, albeit slowly.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The Challenger has too many standard "options" forced on us as it is to bloat the pricetag. In my mind it's a muscls car and should be more basic. A power seat is unnecessary and adds weight. Really most people buy a car, adjust the seat once and leave it there.

·
Banned
290 Posts
The Challenger has too many standard "options" forced on us as it is to bloat the pricetag. In my mind it's a muscls car and should be more basic. A power seat is unnecessary and adds weight. Really most people buy a car, adjust the seat once and leave it there.
Agreed, though a glove box light would be nice. Heated/Cooled seats? I didn't even know there was such a thing as cooled seats....

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am the only driver of my car and I have to readjust the power seats every single time I have it washed. Memory positions in the power seats would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
I am the only driver of my car and I have to readjust the power seats every single time I have it washed. Memory positions in the power seats would be awesome.
Set the seat how you like it and unplug it, problem no more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah my 1951 Chevy has a glove box light... not sure why my 2009 Challenger doesn't..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Huh? The power seat will slide forward and back, albeit slowly.

Nobody wants to wait that long. When I'm dropping the kids off at school, I want them out quick so I can get to work. So, for me it was a good thing. The wife has no issues with manually adjusting the passenger seat. She did ***** about it once though, but that's pretty normal.

Come to think about it, our cars are retro. We are lucky to have air bags! That's what I told a coworker when she asked me if I had a HUD like her Camaro does. My only issue is backing out of a parking space and not being able to see cars coming down the row on the passenger side. Other than that, I love my Challenger. If I wanted all that foo foo crap, I would have bought a Lexus or BMW!

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Nobody wants to wait that long. When I'm dropping the kids off at school, I want them out quick so I can get to work. So, for me it was a good thing. The wife has no issues with manually adjusting the passenger seat. She did ***** about it once though, but that's pretty normal.

Come to think about it, our cars are retro. We are lucky to have air bags! That's what I told a coworker when she asked me if I had a HUD like her Camaro does. My only issue is backing out of a parking space and not being able to see cars coming down the row on the passenger side. Other than that, I love my Challenger. If I wanted all that foo foo crap, I would have bought a Lexus or BMW!
HUD? Need help on that. Back in so you can see where you're pulling out to.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts