Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so its time for me to get a set of rear tires. on my 09 challenger rt
im still running the stock 245/45/20 good year eagle rs-a's. needless to say. they suck. im not a fan of those street,thin tires.
i have never once burned out in them. but looking at them you swear i have.
i am the second owner of the car, and got the tires, semi worn down. the front tires still look really good.

so im wondering what type of tires you are currently using, have tried, or seen??
i want to go with a good radial. but whats a good, tire at a good price? im waiting on my tax return to get them. but need them asap!!!!!!

i would like to go with larger tires in the back. to give it that nice lifted look in the back, without having to get new suspension. ya know??
all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
so its time for me to get a set of rear tires.
im still running the stock good year eagle rs-a's. needless to say. they suck. im not a fan of those street,thin tires.
i have never once burned out in them. but looking at them you swear i have.
i am the second owner of the car, and got the tires, semi worn down. the front tires still look really good.

so im wondering what type of tires you are currently using, have tried, or seen??
i want to go with a good radial. but whats a good, tire at a good price? im waiting on my tax return to get them. but need them asap!!!!!!

i would like to go with larger tires in the back. to give it that nice lifted look in the back, without having to get new suspension. ya know??
all help is greatly appreciated!!!!
I put Nitto Invo's on my SRT and LOVE THEM!! I put the original size 255's on the rear and 245's on the front. They ride better than the original Goodyear's, are quieter on the highway, and hook noticeably better. I can definitely recommend them as replacements, as I have good experience with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rad. ill check them out.
i have on 09 challenger rt. im just a fan of the stock tires. i dont like that blingage look. i like the old school look. i want to have that look on a modern car

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I'm running hancook 275/40/20 on the rear. It's has a 50000 mile tread on it got them from discount tire for $141 each I like them. Good looking tread and traction. Also bought the certificates. So I can get them replaced. If I ever wear them out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm running hancook 275/40/20 on the rear. It's has a 50000 mile tread on it got them from discount tire for $141 each I like them. Good looking tread and traction. Also bought the certificates. So I can get them replaced. If I ever wear them out
what model hancooks are you running??i was told i cant put bigger tires on the back by a tire place.
and did you have to do anything "special" to put these on? or did they fit perfectly??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looks like im going with the hankook ventus st rh06 in 275/40/20.
my question is. did anyone with this size have any issues?? like with clearance or anything? i was told by a tire place, having a larger size in the back will effect the abs and other componets. is this true??

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I am changing them now, but I ran the Invo's (245 front, 275 rear) for over a year with great results.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I'm running the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. I love them! They look great, and handles very well in turns. Nice, smooth, supple ride. My only complaint is that everything sticks to them and they kick up tons of dirt and rocks. Other than that, great tires.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Im sorry Yes that's what I have St's. Not to stagerd. There actually a little shorter than the 255's. No big deal for me. A little wider than the 255's. They mount perfect No problem at all

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
rad!! an the rear tires is taller to give the lifted look correct?
275/40/20s will be the same height as 245/45/20s. Only think different will be width. I plan to buy some 275/40/20s soon, but I have a 9" wide rim. What rims are you running? Don't want them to be too narrow

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts

These are Nitto 555 275/40/20s on stock SRT rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. so scratch the hankooks.
i got pirellis in 275/40/20s for the rear. got a good price at a tire shop recommended by a friend. an since i need them NOW NOW, i couldnt pass it up.

post some pics tomorrow if i have time!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the Nitto 420's and love them. 255/40/20 front. 285/40/20's in the rear. I hated my f1's 12000 miles and they were gone-front and rears. The 420's are actually a suv tire but what the heck, the Challenger weighs the same as a Suburban.
Also, they are about 170 each online.
They are also on the 20x9 stock SRT wheels with no clearance problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was told going taller will mess with the abs sensor, an a few other things. did you have this issue??

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
i was told going taller will mess with the abs sensor, an a few other things. did you have this issue??
No issues at all for me...but that is also with normal braking only. I adjusted with the Predator to fix the Speedometer, but that will not do anything to ABS. I think the engineers stated that you have about 5% difference in tire size without any issue to ABS.

·
Registered
210 Posts
295/40-20 (R)
245/45-20 (F)
Continental Extreme Contact DWS
Fantastic Tires....just HARD to find!

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is the route I went...taller tire 265/50/20.....but not the best choice if your serious about your track times.

I really like the look of your tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts