Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $500 to spend and I wanted to get the best bang for my buck to add hp to my 2011 challenger r/t
currently I have CAI, catback Exhaust, Diablosport Trinity tuner, and a skip shift eliminator . I was looking at the 90mm throttle body but I get a lot of mixed reviews about it until I get a S/C. Anyone know what I could spend this on to get a good amount of horsepower?
Are these electric superchargers BS or the real deal? I'm thinking BS

Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex

any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
A cam is really your next step if you want real gains. Those electric super chargers make me laugh!! Personally, I would spend it on suspension.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Yup, especially if your car is not a STP model, suspension upgrades and or new tires/wheels would yield very favorable results.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea suspension is great but 500 bucks is not gonna get u much with suspension upgrade cost I would say CAMSHAFT All the way! But install is a bit pricey.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
260 Posts
AND O YEA ELECTRIC S/C BULLS$&t don't believe that hype

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Front and rear strut braces.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would extend your budget about $200 and do Cannonball Cobb's cheap brake mod. It's next on my list and brakes are always worth every penny.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I have about $500 to spend and I wanted to get the best bang for my buck to add hp to my 2011 challenger r/t
currently I have CAI, catback Exhaust, Diablosport Trinity tuner, and a skip shift eliminator . I was looking at the 90mm throttle body but I get a lot of mixed reviews about it until I get a S/C. Anyone know what I could spend this on to get a good amount of horsepower?
Are these electric superchargers BS or the real deal? I'm thinking BS

Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex

any other ideas?

Thanks!

Stall converter

·
Registered
540 Posts
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the best bang for buck mod? Nitrous Oxide!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
You mean cheater gas?
:rofl: Excuses, excuses. Horsepower is horsepower, and a dollar is a dollar. More HP for less $.
:bluecap:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the best bang for buck mod? Nitrous Oxide!
I will be getting some nos but for now I ordered the 274 comp cam and beehive valve Springs. Now to figure out who will install them for the lowest price! Got the tune coming as well.

I figure a 125 shot of nos will do me well! For now I was standing horsepower.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts