Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What to do next? $500

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Iestatic 
#1 ·
I have about $500 to spend and I wanted to get the best bang for my buck to add hp to my 2011 challenger r/t
currently I have CAI, catback Exhaust, Diablosport Trinity tuner, and a skip shift eliminator . I was looking at the 90mm throttle body but I get a lot of mixed reviews about it until I get a S/C. Anyone know what I could spend this on to get a good amount of horsepower?
Are these electric superchargers BS or the real deal? I'm thinking BS

Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex

any other ideas?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Yea suspension is great but 500 bucks is not gonna get u much with suspension upgrade cost I would say CAMSHAFT All the way! But install is a bit pricey.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
AND O YEA ELECTRIC S/C BULLS$&t don't believe that hype

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Iestatic
#7 ·
Front and rear strut braces.

#9 ·
I would extend your budget about $200 and do Cannonball Cobb's cheap brake mod. It's next on my list and brakes are always worth every penny.

Reactions: cannonballcobb
#10 ·
I have about $500 to spend and I wanted to get the best bang for my buck to add hp to my 2011 challenger r/t
currently I have CAI, catback Exhaust, Diablosport Trinity tuner, and a skip shift eliminator . I was looking at the 90mm throttle body but I get a lot of mixed reviews about it until I get a S/C. Anyone know what I could spend this on to get a good amount of horsepower?

any other ideas?

Thanks!

Stall converter

#15 ·
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the best bang for buck mod? Nitrous Oxide!

#16 ·
You mean cheater gas?

Reactions: ThreePointShooter43
#21 ·
Start a savings account

....with a sole mission of FORCED INDUCTION. Save up approx. $8K...and have a Maggie or Procharger installed on the 5.7. The brakes are fine. Just get some ceramic pads.

Reactions: Iestatic
#27 ·

any other ideas?

Thanks!
Skip the electric SC Its Junk
With more HP you still got to get it to pavment. Got sticky Tires ? ???
Or a bottle Zex kit for 600.00.
FT

#29 · (Edited)
Dont discredit electric superchargers yet, with todays electronics it IS coming. I'm currently working on one now. Yes the ones on ebay are a joke, but there are several large companies working on real electric superchargers and some will be factory installed in 2014 in cars made for the UK only markets to increase power on demand and still get great fuel mileage. These are for small displacement engines like 1.2 liter engines.
I have made myself a prototype that I hope to install on my Challenger in the next few months when I get it where I want it with performance. Right now its making 3-4 psi on the bench with around 1200 cfm. It's crude looking right now, but I have a cover for the motor and the grip is removed as its not part of the motor its self. Looking at building a newer version with gear drives and better impeller sizes to match the motor output rating as the setup right now is just a little under rated with the 74 mm inducer. By using an AC motor, I can just buy an inverter and wire a switch in the console, and the AC motor has a better torque rating to compress the air. No extra batterys for a DC motor, or power drain on the engine from a mechancal driven supercharger, no lag from a turbo setup. Just instant boost to a limited level. Looking to build one to produce 6-8 psi and capable of being used on large displacement engines to 500 cid. Plan to use this as a bottom end torque builder and let it petter out as the engine rpms increase. that way the stock injectors and fuel pump can be retained as their flow capabilities will not be maxed out at upper rpms. Thats the dream anyway, going to contact a programmer company in the next week about what kind of PCM programming may be needed so the engine doesnt go into DT's from the instant boost and air flow.

Edit: I did a better test on the ESC today and found a leak at my guage. This supercharger is making 7-10 psi as is right now!!!! Holy Smoking Tires Batman................................See, the new year is already showing signs of improvment already. Now I know I'm going to install it soon, looking up the intake tubing and boots now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.