Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted here and ChallengerForumz, selling the modified muffler section ($250) and manifolds + mids ($50). I have a hunch that the pre-muffler section is just...unwanted.

Thus, I also posted just the muffler section to eBay; it has a bid and ends on Monday. I didn’t bother listing the pre-muffler. When this sells I will remove the other two listings.

This will leave me with four boat anchors: 2 stock R/T manifolds and 2 stock cats. Can I give them away to somewhere to scrap?

Keeping them for eventual resale of the car is no option, as this would involve not only the cost to re-install them, but also another catback because my current one is 3” connected to the headers. And the muffler section that I’m selling is not only much quieter, but also drones more than my current exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
The cats have value if only to a recycler. They recycle the platinum in them

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
847 Posts
id just stick them away. You never know what someone buying your car 10 years from now might want. Id bet theres some today that wish some idiot wouldnt have take the stock manifolds off of a 440 six pack or 426 and toss them in the dump when he put headers on. Heck a couple years from now you might buy a different challenger and instead of buying a new system you could swap over your old and put the stock parts back on to sell the old one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts