Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my eye on an RT at a local dealer and doing my research. Here's the info I have so far:

• Sticker/MSRP
  • Invoice price with options (via nadaguides.com)
  • Qualify for FCA affiliate price (so I know that's 1% under invoice plus current incentives
  • Current lease incentive is $2250
  • Sales tax (give or take 1%)
  • Chrysler financing MF/Residual
But using leasing calculators to figure out what the monthly payment would be I'm missing what kind range to expect for "fees".

I've seen a pretty common "Acquisition Fee" of $595, Registration seems to be around $500-ish (I'm in AZ, that number maybe off), and I know "Doc Fees" are always thing too.

So I guess I'm asking, to do the most accurate calculation I can, how much should I expect in all these fees? And how negoicable are the various fees? I hear a lot of times that "Doc Fees" are just BS (and on a quote a few months ago the Doc Fees were $500) but not sure how true that is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I've got my eye on an RT at a local dealer and doing my research. Here's the info I have so far:

• Sticker/MSRP
  • Invoice price with options (via nadaguides.com)
  • Qualify for FCA affiliate price (so I know that's 1% under invoice plus current incentives
  • Current lease incentive is $2250
  • Sales tax (give or take 1%)
  • Chrysler financing MF/Residual
But using leasing calculators to figure out what the monthly payment would be I'm missing what kind range to expect for "fees".

I've seen a pretty common "Acquisition Fee" of $595, Registration seems to be around $500-ish (I'm in AZ, that number maybe off), and I know "Doc Fees" are always thing too.

So I guess I'm asking, to do the most accurate calculation I can, how much should I expect in all these fees? And how negoicable are the various fees? I hear a lot of times that "Doc Fees" are just BS (and on a quote a few months ago the Doc Fees were $500) but not sure how true that is.

Thanks!
A lease is a sale by the dealer to a leasing company with you (in this case) paying the leasing company for the use of the car. See if you can find out the leasing company the dealer uses and contact it directly to see what fees it levies.

You can also check online for what restrictions/limits (or not) AZ puts on what dealers can charge for things.

Here's a link to something you might find a good read:

Phoenix, AZ Accounting Firm | Frequently Asked Questions Page | EK Tax and Accounting Solutions, LLC

Noticed this in the article: "The Federal Consumer Leasing Act requires the Lessor to disclose all up-front, continuing and final costs in a standard, easy-to-read format."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts