Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through my employer I get the FCA affiliate pricing which I know is 1% under invoice plus current incentives/rebates.

But I was wondering if I go to a dealer and present that, is that the only discounts I can expect or could/can dealers also offer more discounts on top of that to make a deal? And do they in people's experiences with using this?

I'm trying to put together lease numbers on an RT before I go to the dealer, and I've got the current Chrysler financial MF/Residual rates and I'm just trying to figure out if the monthly payment I come up with is the "best" I'll get or is the "starting point" to go from.

Maybe I need a separate post for this, but I would be curious to know what people's various "fees" have been on Challenger leases. I know there is a $595 acquisition fee, title/registration is about $500 it seems, but I'm not sure what expectations for "doc fees" should be. A lot of lease calculators have $80-100 but I've seen some quotes from others with $500, which I don't know if that's "normal" or just BS markup.

In short, I hate car dealers/salesmen and want as much info as possible before I go in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I "ordered" a 2018 T/A 392 using the Affiliate rewards program. I was able to take advantage of that discounting, then they made the deal more favorable by taking another 2K off the Affiliate price. In addition to that i was able to take advantage of any "rebates" that were out there. PLUS i got 0% financing for 36 months... SO yes, what ever was out there, plus dealer incentives.

The only thing that would have been more in my favor is if i picked a car off the lot.. the dealer would have thrown another 2-3K my way ( they told me this to try to get me to take one off the lot vs ordering one). no clue on the leasing expenses as i financed mine...

Good Luck with the new ride...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was going to use the affiliate program but since I didn't order the car it would not have helped.
For cars on the lot or already ordered by the dealer they were doing 4k off sticker plus current rebates.
Affiliate was a little over 2k and I still would get rebates but unless the dealer is willing to take money off a special order car it's not worth it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've had a great experience with the Affiliate Rewards program twice - once on a Challenger and once on a 300c. You get 1% over invoice, plus any applicable rebates at the time of delivery. As others have pointed out, dealers can go lower, but at least you get a great starting point for a good deal.

I thought there was a cap on the doc fee under the Affiliate Rewards program - not sure if that is still the case, but overall, it is a great program.

As a side note, it is way better than the Mercedes program, which is a flat dollar amount off most models - and only the slowest selling models have any real discount on them. Last year, a 2017 E300 had a whopping $1,000 off using the Mercedes program. The FCA program is way better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had a great experience with the Affiliate Rewards program twice - once on a Challenger and once on a 300c. You get 1% over invoice, plus any applicable rebates at the time of delivery. As others have pointed out, dealers can go lower, but at least you get a great starting point for a good deal.

I thought there was a cap on the doc fee under the Affiliate Rewards program - not sure if that is still the case, but overall, it is a great program.

As a side note, it is way better than the Mercedes program, which is a flat dollar amount off most models - and only the slowest selling models have any real discount on them. Last year, a 2017 E300 had a whopping $1,000 off using the Mercedes program. The FCA program is way better.
You mean 1% UNDER invoice right? If I may ask, about how much did you get off each of those cars just with the 1% under invoice (but before incentives or rebates or dealer discounts)?

I ask cause the one I’m looking at (just a base RT with one package) doesn’t seem to be that much, at least from what I can calculate online. Using truecar.com or Edmunds or others the difference I’m calculating between MSRP & 1% under invoice is only about $1170. Assuming those sites invoice pricing is accurate. But maybe they aren’t.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Through my employer I get the FCA affiliate pricing which I know is 1% under invoice plus current incentives/rebates.

But I was wondering if I go to a dealer and present that, is that the only discounts I can expect or could/can dealers also offer more discounts on top of that to make a deal? And do they in people's experiences with using this?

I'm trying to put together lease numbers on an RT before I go to the dealer, and I've got the current Chrysler financial MF/Residual rates and I'm just trying to figure out if the monthly payment I come up with is the "best" I'll get or is the "starting point" to go from.

Maybe I need a separate post for this, but I would be curious to know what people's various "fees" have been on Challenger leases. I know there is a $595 acquisition fee, title/registration is about $500 it seems, but I'm not sure what expectations for "doc fees" should be. A lot of lease calculators have $80-100 but I've seen some quotes from others with $500, which I don't know if that's "normal" or just BS markup.

In short, I hate car dealers/salesmen and want as much info as possible before I go in.
I have used the affiliate discount for the last 10 years to buy 3 Challengers and 3 Rams. Never had a bad experience with it. I get all the other available incentives as well, including the usual USAA 1000 rebate.

I don't ever ask for more from the dealer, as I'm happy with 1% under plus all the other incentives. I'm OK with the dealer making some money. Sometimes they give more off.

Never used it for a lease.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, sorry - 1% under invoice. Both of my transactions using it have been leases - works just as well in a lease situation. The agreed upon price is used in the lease calculation.

I think the Challenger was about $3500 off - about $1,500 of that was driven by Affiliate Rewards, and the $2,000 was a rebate in effect at the time. (This was way back in 2009 and it was in NYC - there were probably better deals to be had, but it was a quick transaction and I really wanted that specific car - was hard to find a Super Track Pack car in NYC then.)

The 300c was almost $6,000 off - I think $2,000ish was driven by Affiliate Rewards, the rest was rebate and dealer cash to move a car that was almost a leftover and optioned to the point of being way too expensive for a Chrysler 300. This was in Yonkers, NY. (Was a great car - every single option.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts