Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking her up in 2 weeks. What should i be looking for before i drive off of the lot? First time Challenger owner.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
454 Posts
Tell the dealer to remove the yellow/pink bullsheet in the front. Second the police because you'll be driving like never before in that beautiful and powerful machine.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
you can download the digital version of the owner's manual from dodge.com site. The owners' manual is also loaded into the uConnect radio

there's multiple levels of break-in recommendations - this is for engine / driveline / differential

first 100mi / 101 - 300 / 300 - 500 intervals for speeds, rpm range and how much loads

for the Shaker scoop, there should be a 10mm driver tool included with the manuals.

Also, for future reference, the blue cone air filter is a washable / reused filter - every 20k intervals

octane for 392 is 91 octane minimum (premium grade) and oil is full synthetic 0W-40 Pennzoil and Valvoline meet the MS-12633 standard that FCA calls for (Mobil 1 doesn't meet the standard for 392 / 6.4 engine)

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
1st off...get ALL keys & try all keys out to be sure they belong to your car and not another one in the lot..yes it happens when they all look a like!
Key fobs for SP, SRT & HC cars are very expensive...my dealer only provided me 1 red key on my HC
(some new ones where just that way a few yrs back, not sure now) anyway, that lil fob cost me close to $500 all said & done! You should get TWO.
2...if you dont want that ungodly mini-fridge front license plate mount, mounted, you need to speak up to the dealer now..otherwise many/most dealers will screw that crap to your front facia as part of pre-delivery when the car comes in. You have to tell them NOT to in most every case and have that well noted on your paperwork.
3. Look the car over, in good lighting, very carefully, rims, front spoiler, door sills, fuel door, etc all can get scuffed/scratched up. You also want to look for panel fit, missing items (such as metal pedal cover kit in the trunk - if not already installed, floor mats, manual/docs, window sticker, etc) Then start it and check function on everything.
A good dealer will have a checklist for pre-delivery and they will provide it to you if asked.
Just take your time, dont let the dealer rush you out the door until you are satisfied with the car or have noted & addressed any issues it may have.

Reactions: mySXT

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Take it up to 80 mph on a smooth highway to check for pull and vibration and if there is ANY do not sign anything agreeing to purchase the vehicle until the car has been successfully repaired and you have verified it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! Super helpful. Cant wait. I have not seen a Gold Rush or even a 50th Anniversary out in the wild here in DFW area so looking forward to all the looks and comments I know I will get.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

One other thing is get the key warranty as it'll pay for itself if you ever lose one, and my dealership referred to it as a small spares as you want warranty, my wife's old jeep had it and think we sold it with 6 sets.

Also rim warranty isn't bad thing either for the money.

Also look at the lower area's of the car as I found a big spec of dirt on the drivers door, nothing I am going to have repainted but made note of it should it be something else or turn into something.

Congratulations on the new car, the first 100 miles is tough to stay under 55

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
Make sure they didn't put a 5.7 in on accident instead of a 6.4. I knew a guy who knew a guy who's uncles cousin's wife's paternal great godmother swears that happened to her.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Make sure they didn't put a 5.7 in on accident instead of a 6.4. I knew a guy who knew a guy who's uncles cousin's wife's paternal great godmother swears that happened to her.
Betting they had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to school as kids, as well...

Thanks for the laugh...
Regards,

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys! Super helpful. Cant wait. I have not seen a Gold Rush or even a 50th Anniversary out in the wild here in DFW area so looking forward to all the looks and comments I know I will get.
Here's some higher res images from the car show circuit of Gold Rush SP Wide Body in 50th Anniversary for you:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Auto show
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Mine is not the Widebody. Wanted to stay closer to the original 70 style.
that happened to be the images I found - the graphics will be the same just with the standard body and the different wheels. Here's a Frostibite 50th Anniv with the non-wide body wheels that R/T and Scat Packs will have
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,090 Posts
Must be exciting that it is almost yours. Make sure you disregard the new car smell hypnosis and wow factor first. Inspect it in the daytime hours. Then systematically test every system. Then the ride....... Congratulations on the big event.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Check the tire pressure. Mine were all at 50 PSI for shipping purposes. Unfortunately, I didn't check it until I got it home from a 48 mile trip when I bought it. The dealership was supposed to let some air out of the tires on delivery, but not in my case.

Reactions: cruiserdan

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of that unique color and what number out of 70 your car is. The 50th is my 6th Challenger and my favorite so far. So many little things that I like over any of the others. I like the mono-color bee and the special rims. The painted shaker (though mad they didn't add the 392 HEMI badge, I added it) along with the hood pins really makes the painted matte hood pop. The interior is very high-end as the seats look and feel great. I like the white gauges and the larger and wider fonts. I don't know if they're 50th, SRT, or on every SP but they their looks are new to me. I could go on and on but I'll let you tell us everything you like when you get it. Enjoy that 392 as you'll love the torque as it will catch you off guard. Also be careful cleaning her as you want to keep the detail spray and wax away from the hood, roof, and deck lid. I would suggest using Adams Waterless Wash on those to keep it clean and spot free.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

Reactions: fyrdude

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Sharp color and will be very unique.

Hi,

One other thing is get the key warranty as it'll pay for itself if you ever lose one, and my dealership referred to it as a small spares as you want warranty, my wife's old jeep had it and think we sold it with 6 sets.

Also rim warranty isn't bad thing either for the money.

Also look at the lower area's of the car as I found a big spec of dirt on the drivers door, nothing I am going to have repainted but made note of it should it be something else or turn into something.

Congratulations on the new car, the first 100 miles is tough to stay under 55

Regards,
Jim
My dealer didn't offer the key warranty but the wheel warranty is worth it. At $1300 each to replace a wheel it isn't worth it. It wasn't very much and worth it.

Check the tire pressure. Mine were all at 50 PSI for shipping purposes. Unfortunately, I didn't check it until I got it home from a 48 mile trip when I bought it. The dealership was supposed to let some air out of the tires on delivery, but not in my case.
Same here. What annoys me more is when I had to take it back for a minor issue they pumped them up again. The service guy told me that those wide tires need to be that high. I asked if he looked what it says inside the door. He literally told me that is the minimum pressure. I told them "I bet you guys got a good racket going on tire replacements", walked out and won't be going back there. There is another dealer that is closer that is great to deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts