Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I got mine at the dealership just to have in case I needed it. For those of you that have a Brilliant Black car here are the Mopar part numbers.

04889820AB Touch up paint

E04889821AA Touch up paint (spray)

Thanks for posting those! Think hemi orange would look nuts on a black car? I thought it might give it the retro look, while painting it BB would look pretty modern.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What do you think would look good on a white R/T? I think the orange would.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The would look good in both the black and white cars. I'm still thinking of going with plum crazy for my black car but I've been indecisive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
STOP! Don't do anything else to it, it looks GREAT! Think I'm gonna go hemi orange as well against my black car/engine compartment. Give it a bit of contrast. Where do I get the Mopar hemi orange paint?
I agree. I think the Hemi orange on the black would look incredible but I am partial to the orange anyway! Still I would not hesitate to do orange if I had a black car.

The part number for the Hemi orange spray is 5163227AA. I ordered the clear coat from the dealer as well part #4443632, but I think any automotive clear coat would be fine.

I bought the paint through my parts guy at the dealership. $10 a can. I used 2 cans of orange and one can of clear. I bought regular automotive primer from the local hardware store. I did not bother with high heat primer but I know some guys did. Did 4 coats of primer.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
OK Everyone, finally after 3 LONGGGGG weeks in the body shop after the damn deer damage, I have her back home. And here are the pics from the job they did on the engine cover. I have BB body and wanted the same under the hood. They used the same paint as they put on the body, then I applied the lettering and then they clear coated it. I think it ended up being perfect. :woot:

What does everyone else think? :grim: :SM127:

Engine cover 2.jpg
Engine cover 3.jpg
Engine cover 4.jpg
Engine cover 5.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most guys that have painted it did it themself. I am painting mine Hemi orange to match my car. I ordered the colour matched orange paint from the dealer so that it would be an exact match. Just picked it up. Have not done it yet. Two cans of orange and one can of clearcoat ran about 30 bucks. I have attached a pic of another member's cover that I liked and am going to duplicate.
That looks amazing!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did this years ago. Separated the top and cut it out to vent heat. Used header bolts I had to re mount the top and I doubled up a screen that I picked up at the hardware store to complete the look.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts