Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Ive been trying to figure this out for a while now. Not sure what level it is, I bought it used 1 year.

2012 v6 3.6L Canadian car

Header Orange - No striping
Came with 20" Chrome clads
Body color painted spoiler
Paddle shifters
T-Handle shifter (Mopar)
Bluetooth U-connect
Sunroof
Leather Heated seats
Heated mirrors etc

Just trying to figure out whether its an SXT with added goodies? Or a super sport? Or a redline without stripes??

Input appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
At the least, you have an SXT Plus (leather, heated seats)

the paddle shifters tend to indicate you have the Super Sport Group (SS/T) along with the 20" wheels.

Redline models would have the 20" wheels that have red painted barrels

the T-handle shifter was either part of the SS/T group or was added on later.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. I guess its a SS/T.
I was just confused because I bought it 1 year used. And it was listed as base...

Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2012 SXT Plus (US version) has all of those features, except the t-handle shifter.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So yours is not an SS/T? Was it possible to get an SXT plus with the paddles and 20" wheels without it being an SS/T?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea definitely a SXT Plus with the SS/T package. The mopar shift handle had to be added on by the last owner. how do you like the T handle shifter? I was thinking of changing mine out.

Reactions: Arvin

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
To be honest, at first I hated the T-handle. It was huge, and the chrome just stuck out like a sore thumb. But now I actually like it a lot. It goes well with the little bits of chrome in the interior. And you can rest your elbow on the center console(storage thingy) and lay your hand on the T-handle while youre cruising. Its quite nice.

Okay, so consensus seems to be that its an SS/T. Theres no chrome pedals. They look alluminum/ machined metal.

However. Someone had mentioned the brakes were the same as the R/T. Is this true?
I was at the local meet yesterday. The caliper size and appearance looked exactly the same as the 09 RT that was there. And that being said. I could technically do the RT brembo upgrade, since I should have the RT spindles as well correct?

I think a simpler way to ask is. If i was to replace my brake pads. Do i use the pads for the 3.6L SXT or the 5.7 RT?

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
To be honest, at first I hated the T-handle. It was huge, and the chrome just stuck out like a sore thumb. But now I actually like it a lot. It goes well with the little bits of chrome in the interior. And you can rest your elbow on the center console(storage thingy) and lay your hand on the T-handle while youre cruising. Its quite nice.

Okay, so consensus seems to be that its an SS/T. Theres no chrome pedals. They look alluminum/ machined metal.

However. Someone had mentioned the brakes were the same as the R/T. Is this true?
I was at the local meet yesterday. The caliper size and appearance looked exactly the same as the 09 RT that was there. And that being said. I could technically do the RT brembo upgrade, since I should have the RT spindles as well correct?

I think a simpler way to ask is. If i was to replace my brake pads. Do i use the pads for the 3.6L SXT or the 5.7 RT?
You car probably has the larger R/T 2 piston front calipers...since they look the same as the other one you saw.

The base SXT calipers were single piston and you can tell the difference by looking at them.

The SRT Brembos require the knuckles (front and rear) - your 20" wheels wont fit w/o spacers...the SRT wheels have different offsets to clear the bulkier Brembo calipers.

Reactions: Arvin

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
So yours is not an SS/T? Was it possible to get an SXT plus with the paddles and 20" wheels without it being an SS/T?
All autos from 12-up have paddles and can't get 20's on an SXT without either Super Sport, Sinister or Rallye Redline and with these packages you basically get the R/T suspension and brakes as well as a 3.07 axle ratio as opposed to a 2.65 ratio with 18's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.

However I have one concern now. I lowered my car with H&R springs on the assumption it was the V6 suspension. Im not sure if there is a difference between SXT lowering springs and RT lowering springs. That was last year. Is this going to be an issue since the car has the RT suspension components?

·
Registered
373 Posts
sxt plus super sport group and mopar appearance interior group

1 - 14 of 14 Posts