Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
How's part throttle boost. I've heard that's when the

You're 12 psi on stock internals?
Yes, as discussed in other threads I have the money allocated for a built short block.
Not sure when I will need it but not yet.... could be the next 1/4 mile pass who knows! (already has over 30 under its belt)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, as discussed in other threads I have the money allocated for a built short block.
Not sure when I will need it but not yet.... could be the next 1/4 mile pass who knows! (already has over 30 under its belt)
Are u staying at 345 ci? Why didn't you do drop ins? I was planning on doing motor work later down the road. So curious I as to why you're doing a short block.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is a spot in throttle application that you learn fairly quickly that gives you about 3/4 psi which is just perfect for quick enough passing ect when full noise is not required or desired.

Are u staying at 345 ci? Why didn't you do drop ins? I was planning on doing motor work later down the road. So curious I as to why you're doing a short block.
If going shortblock I also want forged crank (I belive the OEM crank will be the next weakness after the OEM pistons)
I am in New-Zealand so shipping a quality pre-assmbled short block that I can install works for me as once I have done this I will expect to push the boost up a few more psi as well.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
Same for me, I have around 10,000 miles trouble free and car has not missed a beat.
I have rev-limiter raised and speed limiter raised as well by KB (signed waiver ect)
Also I have AEM wideband and AEM methanol controller to dial in AFR @ 11.2 with 12.5psi.
Car behaves perfect...no stumbling, bucking at part throttle issues, I,m not sure what I would gain with some elses email tune or dyno tune but I would not want to loose what I have now.
Ok I'm interested, so you're running Meth? How do you like it and what's the setup you're running as far as when it sprays. Is it a gradual increase with boost or do you have it set for full boost only. And one other thing, are you using "boost juice" or just washer fluid. I'm looking to add meth this spring for my Magnuson.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ok I'm interested, so you're running Meth? How do you like it and what's the setup you're running as far as when it sprays. Is it a gradual increase with boost or do you have it set for full boost only. And one other thing, are you using "boost juice" or just washer fluid. I'm looking to add meth this spring for my Magnuson.
Hi, I have been a fan of meth systems since first running one to get 750whp on pump gas on a big single turbo MKIV Supra, HKS cams ect-ect. I owned that car for 7 years ( approx 1yr modding from standard) and then 6 years it was making big power and was still strong when sold with approx 75,000 miles on the clock (30,000 of those modded)
My challenger setup is AEM meth system, 1000cc nozzle, set to start at 6 psi and ramping to full spray by11 psi
I am running high quality pure 100% Methanol (sourced in 5 gallon containers) and then diluted 50% water.
I am confident the Meth is a huge benefit to making any motor last longer due to detonation suppression and cooling effect in general or I am just lucky so far!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
Hi, I have been a fan of meth systems since first running one to get 750whp on pump gas on a big single turbo MKIV Supra, HKS cams ect-ect. I owned that car for 7 years ( approx 1yr modding from standard) and then 6 years it was making big power and was still strong when sold with approx 75,000 miles on the clock (30,000 of those modded)
My challenger setup is AEM meth system, 1000cc nozzle, set to start at 6 psi and ramping to full spray by11 psi
I am running high quality pure 100% Methanol (sourced in 5 gallon containers) and then diluted 50% water.
I am confident the Meth is a huge benefit to making any motor last longer due to detonation suppression and cooling effect in general or I am just lucky so far!
Awesome thanks for the info. I'm looking to just run a mild meth setup mostly for keeping IATs down and maybe so I can throw another 2° of timing without having to worry about knock. How much are you paying for the pure methanol, also where do you find that stuff at?
I was intrigued by running cheap bottles of 70/30 water/meth windshield washer fluid because of how available and affordable it is. I also figured 30% methanol is plenty for me anyway since I'm not gonna be turning the timing all the way up, just a tad more where it would still be "safe" in case the meth were to ever fail.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
108 Posts
i would also be curious where you installed the meth nozzle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i would also be curious where you installed the meth nozzle.
Hi, about 120mm before throttle body in the 5 inch intake tube.

Reactions: Race888

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Meth Kits install similar to nozzled Nitrous kits. You can find the supplies at places like Summit & Jegs. I’m sure other places have it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
Meth Kits install similar to nozzled Nitrous kits. You can find the supplies at places like Summit & Jegs. I’m sure other places have it as well

Are you gonna run meth with your turbo set up?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Are you gonna run meth with your turbo set up?
Absolutely, but I won't use it as a tuning aid..... I intend to use it as a safety precaution...... I will dyno tune my setup without meth, then add it in, to keep IAT's down.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Absolutely, but I won't use it as a tuning aid..... I intend to use it was a safety precaution...... I will dyno tune my setup without meth, then add it into keep IAT's down.
The way it should be done...too many people use it as a tuning aid and motors go boom when it runs out.

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well thank you for everyones response I really appreciate it. I think I'll get the tuner kit and contact diablotoona for an email tune. I'll of course get the wideband and one step colder soark plugs. I don't want to throw shade at the shop. I just don't know how good they are at tuning hemis.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
Well thank you for everyones response I really appreciate it. I think I'll get the tuner kit and contact diablotoona for an email tune. I'll of course get the wideband and one step colder soark plugs. I don't want to throw shade at the shop. I just don't know how good they are at tuning hemis.
Diablotoona's good, he tuned my car and a couple others I know of

·
Registered
245 Posts
Diablotoona's good, he tuned my car and a couple others I know of
My pre super charger N/A tune was from Diablotoona.
I was happy with his service and result and if I was going to try a different tune to the supplied KB tune it would be him that would get the job.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Even better. Now that you and JD40 both say he's good and went/would go with him, I'm evenore confident about my decision. Plus, I already have an i3 so I should save some money.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
One question. I'm assuming liquid cooled is quite a bit easier to install than intercooled correct?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
One question. I'm assuming liquid cooled is quite a bit easier to install than intercooled correct?
Same thing. The superchargers intercoolers are liquid cooled

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Same thing. The superchargers intercoolers are liquid cooled
Wait. So when I pick my options for the kit itself for an extra 300 it says liquid cooled. I guess my question is now what Is the difference? Air to air and water to air? But both thru an intercooler?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,046 Posts
Wait. So when I pick my options for the kit itself for an extra 300 it says liquid cooled. I guess my question is now what Is the difference? Air to air and water to air? But both thru an intercooler?
I'm pretty sure the kenne bell without liquid cooled is just not intercooled. Not sure how you can run air to air on a positive displacement supercharger

In other words, definitely choose the liquid cooled option

21 - 40 of 53 Posts