Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of shocks did they put on my dodge RT black top plus. Looking to put lowing springs and can’t have nivomate?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Probably Sachs struts in front of you have the self-leveling in back.

If you lower it with springs, replace the shocks and struts with some designed to work in the lowered scenario, e.g. Bilstein B6.

Eibach has their own that work with lowering springs, and those are fine.

Either way, the point is running your stock shocks and struts with lowering springs is not a good way forward though. They’ll soon be worn out anyway in a lowered application, might as well replace them when doing the spring install.

·
Super Moderator
14,848 Posts
I'd doubt your model ('13 / '14) or '15+? Blacktop would have Nivomats

They were used from '09 - '11 on M6 equipped R/Ts

The Sachs shocks (std R/T equipment - black body color) are relatively soft valving - Bilsteins are firmer valving and will match up better with a lowering spring

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2018 black top plus without self leveling. I know that for a fact. I want to buy the Mopar 1.25 inch lowing springs and keep my stock struts.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,915 Posts
I lowered my new car on Eibach Pros (1 1/2" drop), and the original shocks/struts. No issues in 15,000 miles

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,848 Posts
the Eibachs are good shocks had those on my '09 R/T - liked them as well

·
Registered
902 Posts
Check with Steve White Motors. There is a Mopar SRT upgrade kit for the R/T with 1" lower springs and Bilstein shocks.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I have a 2018 black top plus without self leveling. I know that for a fact. I want to buy the Mopar 1.25 inch lowing springs and keep my stock struts.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I lowered my new car on Eibach Pros (1 1/2" drop), and the original shocks/struts. No issues in 15,000 miles

A Guy
Those touring shocks and struts are poor matches for a lowered car. Just think, touring is one letter away from pouring, and you can’t spell pouring without poor. So you see, your stock dampers are a poor choice for the lowered springs according to the English language. 🤓

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,915 Posts
I haven't toured since the band broke up...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I haven't toured since the band broke up...

A Guy
And the reason behind the breakup???

(Lemme guess, it was because of excessive body roll in the twisties and nose dives at hard stops, wasn’t it?)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,915 Posts
Amps only went to 10...

A Guy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts