Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What u guys think??

818 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SanDiegoCharger 
#1 ·
I recently sold my srt wheels and decided to keep my 18s. So I have extra cash my ? is should I buy a cold air intake or just a k&n filter I have 2011 rt n have read intakes do not make much difference on these cars.so what u guys think..also I will be looking for lowering springs if any one selling theirs..thanks in advanced. .
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I may take some grief on this opinion, but here it is anyway...Unless you plan on regular trips to the drag strip, I'd bag the idea of a CAI. Yes, they do indeed work (as discovered by GM engineers in the late 60's, 1% HP gain for every 10 degree reduction of air inlet temp). However, on daily street driving will you feel it? Your ears will, but will it be felt in the seat of your pants? No.

Up until a few years ago, and before Carlsbad Raceway met its demise, I used to race my street/strip 383 '56 Chevy. It was a low 12's car. At one point I built a CAI system for it. Made four runs, 30 minutes apart, alternating with the system on and off. The results were crystal clear. With the CAI I ran 1 1/2 tenths quicker. That's pretty damn good, especially for an investment of $100.00. Don't recall the MPH increase. Might have been 4-5. But did I feel it on the street? Nope.

If you're not racing, I'd go with lowering springs. You'll definitely feel the difference and it sure will look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.