Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if other people are having to take there SRT in for warranty work.
I had 07 SRT8 Charger and never had any warranty work done.
I traded it in with 87k miles on the 2012 SRT8 Challenger(I love the look and power). Both my 02 sensor need to be replaced and the stereo was cutting out and they said needed software update. The car only has 16K miles.
Maybe its just my car having growing pains lol. I hope so. Merry Christmas to all!!

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
I was wondering if other people are having to take there SRT in for warranty work.
I had 07 SRT8 Charger and never had any warranty work done.
I traded it in with 87k miles on the 2012 SRT8 Challenger(I love the look and power). Both my 02 sensor need to be replaced and the stereo was cutting out and they said needed software update. The car only has 16K miles.
Maybe its just my car having growing pains lol. I hope so. Merry Christmas to all!!
I bought my 2012 SRT new and when I went to pick it up they were replacing an 02 sensor. I also had the stereo problem but they needed to replace the radio to solve the problem. I have the optional sound system and seems they had problems with the radios. No other problems and I am loving the car.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
2011. Door handle recall and airbag harness recall. Also had the rocker panels replaced under warranty. Other than that, no problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If anyone needs upgrade, repair, or aftermarket work performed , and live near north florida or South Georgia , I can recommend James Wiggins.
I had a rough time finding anyone who specializes in Dodge to perform work on my 2011 challenger IE.
James did a great job !
He can be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
2013 SRT w/ 14K and the only warranty work I've had done so far is replace the fuel door sticker which partially came off. Also had launch control added but I wouldn't consider that warranty "work"...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want Larry's problem(TNCHARGER) lol. If I blew the engine I would find a way to get the 426 stroke in the engine bay.

I do have the upgraded stereo system. I hope this is the end of the list of repair work.

brandy16....how many miles on your SRT???

Sound like its just growing pains with my beauty. This make me feel much better.
Thanks guys!!!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I had 2 of my YJ wheels and a tire replaced under warranty. The RF wheel had what appeared to be corrosion forming on one of the spokes and the other was covered under the road hazard coverage I purchased (not part of the base 3/36). I ran over one of road reflectors that are SUPPOSED to be set into the road surface...LR tire went flat, limped it to a Goodyear store, filled with air, limped it to the dealer down the street. 3 day later, a new wheel and tire appeared. The wheel wouldn't balance out correctly, run out was out of spec and the tire is not repairable. Road hazard covered 1/2 of my rental costs too. I also had the OEM radio bezel replaced due to finish problems. Other than that, knock on wood, all is well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
soon to possibly have a first warranty claim

I did have the lower radiator hose replaced due to the smaller diameter coolant hose which branches out of lower hose into the oil filter housing (oil cooler) rubbing against the rough cast of the oil pan......the pan was smoothed and i had them put a plastic sleeve over the stock hose and zip tied about 1/2 inch further so it would not rub.....

I recently noticed the transmission has a slight shift delay (every once in a while) about 18 months old 12,000 miles. also i also noticed uneven tire wear on the right rear tire with the exterior of the tire wearing more than the inside part of it...i do rotate (side to side) but they are staggered.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rear, driver side speaker replaced 1 week after I got her home...

and had the front hood rubber seal replaced. It had cracked and split 2/3rds all the way across and would come out and flap the hood at high speeds...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had my tremec tranny replaced at 3000 miles. Got a bad one from the factory, fluid looked like silver nail polish.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts