Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the 'must-have' options when you bought your Challenger (or when you are buying one)?

I got none other than the "mandatory-option" sponsored by Uncle Sam called Gas Guzzler Tax. To me, the base Scat Pack is already loaded. A nice Uconnect system, Performance Page (that I rarely use), and a back-up camera. Seats maybe, but I am opposed to leather seats from a humane viewpoint. I wish Chrysler offered leatherette like BMW. Anyway, I have the least expensive configuration possible of the 2019 Scat Pack 馃槀 馃槀

Oh, and color is not an option by definition, but an original HIP color was a must-have for me. For that reason and on account of having done Go Mango already, my choice was between Sublime and Plum Crazy.

Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
Had to have some sort of leather...I was never a fan of hounds tooth.
At the time Octane red was a must have as well. As you can see by my profile pic, that "must have" went by the waste side. 馃槅

Registered
For me I didn't want the following but I always do leather...

Sunroof
Driver Convenience Group
Technology Group

Registered
2019 Pitch Black R/T
Came from a bone base v6 camaro so I had no options I really wanted. Not a fan of leather (gets too hot) and didn't want to pay for things I didn't use. The base uconnect is more than enough for me. Performance handling group would've been cool though

Super Moderator
Manual transmission
Leather interior
Shaker
Upgraded audio option
and in the color(s) I wanted

that being said - you could offer me a Challenger $15k -20k discount on a Black or Destroyer Gray / A8 / houndstooth cloth interior / base audio and my answer all day would "no thanks"

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Car seat cover
Vehicle Orange Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Muscle car

Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
The Scat Pack Widebody comes pretty loaded, but I added:
Carbon Black Aluminum Wheels
Bumblebee Stripe
Power Sunroof
Plus Package
Driver Convenience Group
8 speed auto (compromise, wife can鈥檛 drive stick) lol

Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
What was the 'must-have' options when you bought your Challenger (or when you are buying one)?

I got none other than the "mandatory-option" sponsored by Uncle Sam called Gas Guzzler Tax. To me, the base Scat Pack is already loaded. A nice Uconnect system, Performance Page (that I rarely use), and a back-up camera. Seats maybe, but I am opposed to leather seats from a humane viewpoint. I wish Chrysler offered leatherette like BMW. Anyway, I have the least expensive configuration possible of the 2019 Scat Pack 馃槀 馃槀

Oh, and color is not an option by definition, but an original HIP color was a must-have for me. For that reason and on account of having done Go Mango already, my choice was between Sublime and Plum Crazy.
Ordered a '16 B5 SP "stripper."

A8, WRT wheels, and Modern RT hood stripe. All that I wanted, and still perfectly happy with it.

Registered
2015 SRT 392
Manual transmission
Leather interior
Shaker
Upgraded audio option
and in the color(s) I wanted

that being said - you could offer me a Challenger $15k -20k discount on a Black or Destroyer Gray / A8 / houndstooth cloth interior / base audio and my answer all day would "no thanks"

View attachment 1003035 View attachment 1003036 View attachment 1003037
Those are some nice looking seats! We have the SRT alcantara ones and I like them, but I think that the red/black leather combo that you have looks better.

As far as must haves when we bought Ruby. Here goes:

Sunroof
6 piston Brembo brakes (not for the stopping power, but just because I Really like the garbage can lid size of them.
Hyper black rims (I believe are the best looking factory wheels ever made. I just wish that Dodge made them wider).
My Wife wanted the silver stripes and I wanted to install real carbon fiber stripes on her and guess what..............We have silver stripes. :D

I like them, but the real carbon would've been different and quite cool looking in my opinion!

Super Moderator
Those are some nice looking seats! We have the SRT alcantara ones and I like them, but I think that the red/black leather combo that you have looks better.
I agree

The '12 - '13 R/T Classic and '12 - '14 Rallye Redline (SXT) had seats that had red facings with leather and then the '15 - '16 Shakers had that option as well.

I was fortunate that I ordered the '16 since that was the last year for those leather seats. It was Alcantara / leather trim after that.

Registered
So, Hal, here鈥檚 one for, say, a $30k discount. Or better yet, for free! Would you deign to take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
The number one thing I've got to have is a color that stands out from the crowd. My 1st Challenger was a 2010 6 spd R/T Classic Plum Crazy with white Katzkin leather interior. In 2011, the 392 SRT came about so I ordered another 6 spd in Green With Envy. When the 8 spd came out, in 2016 I decided to give that a try so I ordered an SRT in Go Mango with Sepia leather. So I went with three different first run colors that I'd never seen in person, but I'm happy I did. Aside from color, I'd have to say performance is of equal importance on my list.

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Black...

A Guy

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Black is black
I want my baby back

A Guy

Reactions: moparnoother
1 - 20 of 91 Posts