Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it'd be fun seeing how much time some have shaved off their ETs since their 1st run down the track. May it be more mods or even more seat time that got you to your new PB.

So just like the title says, what was your 1/8mile and/or 1/4 mile time the first time you ever took the Challenger down the strip? And what is your current PB?

I'll be 1st;
My 1st run ever was with the stock 235/55/18s and the only mod being my MBRP exhaust.
Results:
Oct/26/2009
....RT= .453 :zzz:
....60'= 2.136
....1/8= 8.776
....1/4= 13.483

Now with the mods in my signature and a year later.
Results:
Dec/12/2010
....RT= .038
....60'= 1.758
....1/8= 7.919
....1/4= 12.450

So with another year of getting to know the car (and modding up a tad :) ), I have now beat my 1st run by just over a second! Its nice seeing how far I've come :bigthumb:

Now how about you?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but those skinny tires couldn't hold traction for anything! lol (hint the crappy 60' hah)

I threw some drag radials on it my next time out and had some awesome weather..ran a 12.835 with a 1.947 60' (still with only the MBRP exhaust)!

The R/Ts don't get as much respect as they deserve, I constantly get asked if its the 6.1..then after telling them its the R/T with a 5.7 and a few mods, they accuse me of not telling the whole truth lol. Dang magazines!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that all the time about the tires being skinny but in my day these are big tires.

245/45R20 BSW AS Performance Tires
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
Don't get me wrong, the 245/45/20 RSAs are pretty good. Actually just ran a 12.81 on them with a 1.963 60' a few weeks a go..but when I had the 18s, they had 235/55/18 Michelin Pilots which weren't great for holding traction lol

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha its fine Rick, hopefully we can see how some time behind the seat helps the 6speeders.

5,134 Posts
Oh, I'll play. Car was bone stock, 2 months old.

R/T .561 (on a .500 light)
60' 2.310
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

I did about 6 or 7 passes in the 14s before I started to figure out the Michelin's sweet spot.

Later that day:
[email protected]

That was my last ever pass bone stock.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
14.1 first run ever at camarofest. waiting for challengerfest 2. now have a 91cai tune. new tires coming in. should get into the 13's.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Cool thread idea Chris.

My very first run ever my mods were CAI, Predator canned 93CAI tune, 180 t-stat, Corsa Extreme exhaust with resonators still on, oil catch can.

Here's how I ran it: Standard auto mode/ESP partial disabled/Launch from @1.2k rpm/Fast roll to WOT

60' -2.149
1/4 - 13.483
MPH - 106.17

Current PB:

60' - 1.856
1/4 - 12.334
MPH - 112.10

Other mods since my first run are 17" DR set up in rear, coilover and rear sway lowered to near max.

I've more miles on the car so it's broken in more? I have better launching/driver knowledge of my own car.

I will note that I'm a firm believer that you can listen to all the advice and try it all out, and it's helpful. But I've also found that certain things I do make my particular car run better. Example, some say to use autostick and let it shift itself. But I always run better in standard automatic. Another example, people say not to bring the revs past 1000 or 1500rpm at the line for launch, but my car seems to like to be flashed past that. I got my last 2 PB's when launching from between 2000 and 2500 rpm with my stock converter.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Stric looks like our first experience was pretty much identical!

Me and Chris ran exact same 1/4 times our first times out. And now even with different model R/T vs SRT and with different mods we are still running almost the same times still. heh heh :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Stric looks like our first experience was pretty much identical!
Yeah, I saw that too. I'm amazed at how much quicker we both have run since then.

It also looks like I had a typo, 6.613 330' should be 6.163. I'm busted for a fake time slip too! LOL.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I don't feel like going through all my old timeslips, but I remember it was a really bad high-14 second pass. All I did was friggin' spin. The one time that day I hooked was because I eased into the gas and got a high 13. Yeah, traction and experience have definitely made a difference from that day.

Jack

·
Registered
464 Posts
Chris, I thought this could be a great thread for people to see what certain levels of modding and what those mods have done for track performance, along with increased driver experience. Shame it hasn't been that well received as such a measuring device thus far.

Maybe people here are still hung over? :guiness:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris, I thought this could be a great thread for people to see what certain levels of modding and what those mods have done for track performance, along with increased driver experience. Shame it hasn't been that well received as such a measuring device thus far.

Maybe people here are still hung over? :guiness:
Maybe so Tony! Or too busy talking trash in other threads:fight:haha
But for the people who posted up, thanks! Its cool seeing how mods and more experience effected times :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts