Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a three lane highway this morning doing 60-65 as I went from the middle to left lane to pass a slower car. As I was signaling back to the right, (middle lane), a black car was coming up on me, in the left, not at all aggressive but a little faster than I at that time. As he went by I looked and it and it was a two door black Cadillac. Good looking to say the least. I'm real bad with other car models so I purposely looked for identifying marks and it said CTS and next to that on the lower trunk lid it had the crossed race type flags that were next to it. I figured wow that's nice. Let me catch up and give it a look. So I down shifted a few gears and when I got on his tail, mind you not next to him to race, he hammers it! NICE!! I'm in third doing about 60-65 ish. I F-up and ever so slightly bounce off the limiter before fourth, wind out, shift fifth, then let off. He ever so slightly was pulling away from me. I'm not exaggerating, but I do mean ever so slightly. He signals to the right to get off, and this is where I became a little annoyed. As he exited, I'm like a kid in a candy store, always am in those situations. I wave, do thumbs up, smile, laugh, this guy doesn't even acknowledge the fact I was on him like white on rice! I'm like come on dude! How do you not even look in my direction after that. How lame. Anyway, what the hell kind of car is that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Factory 556 HP.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Good thing you both did not rollup to a red light after your "experience". When the light went green, you would not have been happy Teddy!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was lukcy enough to take the Coupe and the Wagon around the Circuit of Americas. They made us keep all the controls switched on, and we had to lift at 130MPH on the back straight, but still a heck of a good time. Great cars.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
556 HP! Wow! Yeah, like I said we, or should I say HE, started from about 60-65ish. Maybe he was toying with me, I don't know, but dude didn't even turn to acknowledge my existence. As far as starting from a dead stop, I'm a good looser, I couldn't have cared. I'm the guy that gushes in excitement like a kid. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,069 Posts
I saw a funny license plate once where someone had a Cadillac that looked like the model you saw, but this one obviously wasn't one. His plate said, THESLO1 or the slow one

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
be carefull of those V's. They will have mods on top of all of that too. I learned the hard way...my 6.1 was childs play to one.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
See lots of them at the Texas Mile, by far one of my favorite cars. I hope to one day have a wagon to add to the stable.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I said earlier, if he wasn't toying with me, I kept up pretty dam good. Can't see why he wouldn't use every bit of power to try and pull away from me though. Would have been nice to get a nod of the head at the least from him when he exited. I guess I didn't rate, perhaps beneath him, or possibly he was a little surprised, don't know.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was most likely not pushing hard

Hmm, why do you think so? Later in the day, after my "encounter" and after some of you on here helped identify my rival, I did some research. To my surprise our cars weight is pretty close to each other. I mean so close that the weight of driver or tank of fuel would have one car within a few pounds of the other depending on the day. That, coupled with the fact he's got me by 55ish horse, gets me to think, and it's just my assumption, that he had his go fast pedal to the floor. Again, he was pulling away enough to notice, but by no means running away. The more and more I think about it, that's why he didn't acknowledge me as he exited, I think the "over weight, under powered" Dodge caught him off guard. However, an absolutely hot looking car in black, and the interior on the web sites I visited today, man, just beautiful. Can't have my current ride and one of them, but if I find some time this week, I may kill some of it at a dealer for a closer look. Just a look, NEVER getting rid of my ride.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a 2014 2.0 Turbo... and there is Black Challenger in Meridian, MS that is believer. A stock ATS 2.0T that ran 138 at the Mile. My Challenger ran 153.9 at the Mile.

OBTW - That same ATS with a bigger turbo, intake/exhaust mods ran 162 at the Mile.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The CTS-V is no joke. Intake, exhaust, pulley, and tune, and they make some ridiculous power.

Praying I can't find a CTS-V Wagon in a few years...

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,554 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they are a Corvette ZO6 drivetrain and a Caddy body....they RUN!!

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts